W211 E280 Curious issue / Cuts out on aggressive/sharp right hand corners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercrosoft

Car
2008 E280
Hi,

curious issue.

07 E280 Cuts out, as in revs fall off and absolute no power to engine, effectively feels like it stalls for a second when I take a really tight R/H corner at speed. Think 60mph with rapid slow down hard on the brakes to turn right into a T junction.

No ESP lights or warning lights and doesn't feel traction related.

Car otherwise drives fine from 0 to (*whatever speed you want*) and pulls cleanly through the range.

No issues starting.

I think its getting worse slowly over the last few months and taking less 'aggressive' driving to trigger it.

Thoughts? If I had to put money on it I'd say feels like fuel starvation for a second but I'm scratching my head.
TIA

I’d start with fuel starvation theory. When did the filter last get done?
Does it happen when the tank is completely full??
Do a full global scan to see if there’s any possible clues in other systems.

I’d start with fuel starvation theory. When did the filter last get done?
Does it happen when the tank is completely full??
Do a full global scan to see if there’s any possible clues in other systems.

Fuel filter changed 3 weeks ago with minor service. Specifically requested as I suspected as such. Made no difference.

I've tried to diagnose via full tank - it's hard because there's only particular road setups it happens and I don't do the routes that always brings it on daily. Plus I only brim it up once a month - due to fill next week so will re-try routes then. IIRC - it did happen on relatively full tank, as I remember being 'disappointed' I hadn't found the issue.

I need to get it on a scanner. I had one a while back - scanned and nothing came up but the swirl flap issue, so I resistor fixed that out and this stall issue was happening way before the swirl flap problem.

My theory is if the fuel pump is on the right hand side of the tank behind drivers seat, heavy right turns sloshes everything to the left of the tank causing momentary cut out - but why start now? Wasn't an issue a until about 6 months ago - I've had the car for 3+ years with no change on driving style.

Fuel filter changed 3 weeks ago with minor service. Specifically requested as I suspected as such. Made no difference.

I've tried to diagnose via full tank - it's hard because there's only particular road setups it happens and I don't do the routes that always brings it on daily. Plus I only brim it up once a month - due to fill next week so will re-try routes then. IIRC - it did happen on relatively full tank, as I remember being 'disappointed' I hadn't found the issue.

I need to get it on a scanner. I had one a while back - scanned and nothing came up but the swirl flap issue, so I resistor fixed that out and this stall issue was happening way before the swirl flap problem.

My theory is if the fuel pump is on the right hand side of the tank behind drivers seat, heavy right turns sloshes everything to the left of the tank causing momentary cut out - but why start now? Wasn't an issue a until about 6 months ago - I've had the car for 3+ years with no change on driving style.
Sorted it last weekend. One of the connectors to the fuel rail had a nick in the wire exposing bare wire that had worked itself out slightly, on the turn it was shorting against ground and cutting power on that rail. Sorted the wire, made safe and been fine since, no issues on that run or any other. 10 days in still fine.

Sorted it last weekend. One of the connectors to the fuel rail had a nick in the wire exposing bare wire that had worked itself out slightly, on the turn it was shorting against ground and cutting power on that rail. Sorted the wire, made safe and been fine since, no issues on that run or any other. 10 days in still fine.
Thanks for the update buddy , good job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom