W211 E280 Elegance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ABond007

Car
W211 E280 Elegance
1st time owner lifetime admirer

1st Mercedes i ever had the opportunity to drive in was a 380 SEC i was probably around 14 years old and from then my love for the brand started and never stopped

Financially i could never ever afford one. now nearing the age of 50 with the kids out the house and the mortgage taken care of it was time to buy the car i always wanted.

Thankfully i joined this group long before i bought the car and started reading every thread there was, starting looking for a the car i wanted and i settled onto an e-class or s class then went and looked at both and very quickly came to the the realization that i cant get a S class :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: i just do not have enough money for the one i want.
So E- class it was then went and read up on the different models started with W210 the W211 and W212 that was the range of the cars i could look at that suited the finances. W210 was quickly put aside is i did not like the shape and was also getting o be a bit to old
W211 and W212 looked what i wanted but the W211 interior was what had sold me the car i looked at the elegance and with the wood trim it suited the old man in me. W212 body shape was nice but was lacking in the interior for me. Once i selected the model i wanted i went and looked for my car and was fortunate to find a 2006 model E280 elegance (had to be at least a V6 motor) 1 owner 96 000Km (60 000 Miles) full service history from Mercedes dealership (book stamped and confirmed by Mercedes).:bannana::bannana:
Ive read up on the problems of the W211 and seems like the SBC pump might be its biggest problem. If that is it i was quite happy to live with this problem and whatever it cost me later will be what it will be.
I really do not drive far as home and work is 8km from each other, and all stop and go ( IT IS THIRSTY) but i will be going on holiday to Cape Town and that is a 1500km Trip (one way) so will see what it can do on the open road. Expecting to do around 4000Km (2500 Miles) in 3 weeks

Ive had the car now for 3 Months and all i can say is what a smooth ride plenty of power and more comfort than i have ever expected.

Welcome!

I too have been a long time admirer of the marque and my first-ever MB purchase is a S211.

Love it!

Petrol V6 W211 saloon.

Not the fastest, not the slowest, not the cheapest, not the most expensive, not the smallest, not the biggest.

Goldilocks car if you are the right person. Brisk, refined, comfortable, pleasant, and nice.

Dryce i could not have said it better i agree 100%

But The S500 (W221) will still be the one i buy after this car always wanted 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom