w211 e280cdi sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi can someone advise what tyres should be fitted to my car I have the 18"10 spoke alloy, these have 245 40 18 all round thanks

I think your rear tyres should be wider than your front ones if it's a sport model you have!

You should have 265/35/ZR18 on the rears.....

Thats what I thought probably previous owner has put 245 40 18 all round for cheapness, will this affect the car is anyway? Should I change rears to the recommended size

If you do decide to leave them alone, it would be worth a quick call to your insurance company, as the spec is no longer standard.

Funny buggers in the event of a claim, some of them.

I would change the rears... Suppose to be 265/35, the rear alloys are wider so the current tyres will be stretched.

major774 said:
i would change the rears... Suppose to be 265/35, the rear alloys are wider so the current tyres will be stretched.

+1

I would change the rears... Suppose to be 265/35, the rear alloys are wider so the current tyres will be stretched.

I would agree with that.

But I'd first remove a rear wheel and check it is in fact a 9J wider rim. It should be stamped inside the wheel.
If a previous owner changed the alloys, they could have gone for 8J 's all round to save money and therefore fitted all 4 tyres the same.

^ agree with the above, it could be more than just the tyres that are wrong.

The car is a sport from the factory so I wwould guess the wheels would be original I will be able to look and tell more once I pick it up on friday from dealership. I think someone has put the wrong size on to cut costs

Why are you buying it from the dealer with wrong tyres on it? I'd get the dealer the change them for you as part of the purchase deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom