W211 E320 CDI 06 Air filters.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Back again with further questions.

I bought the actuator motor for the intake port shutoff (MA642 150 04 94) D5-01 Servomotor and three ball socket clips (MA642 091 01 50) D6-03B.

Two questions.

1) If I replace the servomotor myself do I need to remove the air intake manifold i'e' split it and replace the gasket or can I just undo the old servomotor (three bolts and electrical connection) and just bolt on the new servomotor once I've cleared everything out of the way?

(If I do have to split the air intake manifold I might as well clean up the swirl flaps and replace the plastic 'rods' for the better aluminium/metal set up)

2) How important is it to program and code the control unit re manual data transfer after replacing the servomotor?

Back again with further questions.

I bought the actuator motor for the intake port shutoff (MA642 150 04 94) D5-01 Servomotor and three ball socket clips (MA642 091 01 50) D6-03B.

Two questions.

1) If I replace the servomotor myself do I need to remove the air intake manifold i'e' split it and replace the gasket or can I just undo the old servomotor (three bolts and electrical connection) and just bolt on the new servomotor once I've cleared everything out of the way?

(If I do have to split the air intake manifold I might as well clean up the swirl flaps and replace the plastic 'rods' for the better aluminium/metal set up)

2) How important is it to program and code the control unit re manual data transfer after replacing the servomotor?

IMO its best to understand why the motor failed. If it was due to oil intrusion from a leaking turbo seal, then the simple replacement should work. If it was due to the flappers binding, then the intakes need to be removed/cleaned/replaced. What I understand is cleaning them is quite the task along with considerable labor to get to them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m no expert on Mercedes but did replace my stepper motor which had seized and gave very similar symptoms as yours. I also considered trying to remove the swirl flaps as I’d done that to a five year older 4 cylinder 320 diesel BMW with no ill effects. But, with the added sophistication of the Mercs electronics and lack of blanking plugs I chickened out. Don’t know if that’s an option if they’re sticky anyway??

Hey! Here's an update to salve my searing mind. Actually, I'm quite chilled out about everything and, I have to be because things have moved on apace since I last posted.

I was worried about that actuator and then the airmatic suspension failed so I decided to bite the bullet and take the car into the Bosch service centre and give them the jobs. It's also MOT time.

The car's done 126,000 miles and it was make or break time on a car worth very little but no funds to get an half-decent replacement.

This is what the car's had done.

Actuator and 'bearing clips (supplied by me) fitted only to find the carboned-up inlet ports were the problem that burnt out the actuator. So that big job has all been done. V6 so both manifolds off, cleaned out sorted re swirl flaps and linkage and put back together.

I put a couple of new Pirelli P7s on the rear.

Meanwhile:

Offside rear airbag replaced,
Rear brake pipes replaced,
Petrol filter, oil filter and oil replaced,
Six glow plugs replaced,
One 'track rod end' f/o/s replaced,
Air con re-gassed,
Oil seals under the inlet ports replaced,
MOTed,
Service booklet filled in.
Now they're getting "someone with a STAR machine" to re-programme the suspension airbag and the actuator.

The compressor has been working overtime to keep the suspension up re the leaking airbag but it doesn't need replacing.

I expect a bill of around three and a half to four grand.

But I'm glad I had the work done. Saying that I still haven't got the car back yet. They've given me a courtesy van.

The car went in on Monday 12th August and it's hoped I'll have it back on Wednesday 28th August.

Hey oh!

Hopefully you will then have a good reliable car that you can run fr a while without major expense, hope your pleased with the car when you get it back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom