W211 E320 CDI Limp mode? No Kickdown not revving past 2,500 rpm Mobilo Life?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Azim

Car
2005 E320 CDI W211
Hi, I've recently purchased a w211 e320 cdi and had it serviced 3 days ago at Mercedes. Since its come back it has a revving issue as if its in Limo mode.

When I kickdown the car continues revving as normal ... it wasnt like this at all before it went to the stealership.

I have googled around and read everywhere that the best thing to first do is a diagnostic with STAR (are other dianostic tools just as good?) but it may be an issue with the following:

inlet port shutoff motor
maf
cat converter
boost pressure sensor
pressure sesnsor in inlet manifold 9same as above??
EGR valve
pipe coming off at the intercooler

Now my question.... Because i serviced it at Merc I have Mobilo Life, now is it covered by that? will they fix it roadside FOC?

Thanks

You can add faulty Turbo to that list as well if fault code links to the Boost pressure sensor and that doesn't cure it.

Mobilo will not fix you car for free outside of simple stuff.

It's a 2005 car so unless you have an extended warranty then you are going to have to pay for whatever it is.

STAR or Equiv' is best don't waste money on less.

Most MB Indies have STAR so you're not stuck with Stealer prices for Diag.

You can add faulty Turbo to that list as well if fault code links to the Boost pressure sensor and that doesn't cure it.

Mobilo will not fix you car for free outside of simple stuff.

It's a 2005 car so unless you have an extended warranty then you are going to have to pay for whatever it is.

STAR or Equiv' is best don't waste money on less.

Most MB Indies have STAR so you're not stuck with Stealer prices for Diag.

hi, the issue is temporary as ti goes away when i switch the car off and on again!

my mechanic put it inot his diagnostic machine (not STAR) and it didnt come with any errors other than somehting about... "excessive exhaust particles....???" so i am thinking maybe its the cat converter?

how can i disconnect the maf?

It sounds like the DPF is blocked.

It needs a Star so it can try and re-generate it.

hi, the issue is temporary as ti goes away when i switch the car off and on again!

My mechanic put it inot his diagnostic machine (not star) and it didnt come with any errors other than somehting about... "excessive exhaust particles....???" so i am thinking maybe its the cat converter?

How can i disconnect the maf?

dpf?

Worrying that 'your mechanic' sounds so vague IMHO?

Might I suggest you try another one!

DPF- Diesel Particulate filter

Got it on STAR by an independant and came up with error code 2079-001...

Replacing DPF is £1000+

But I have done some googling and I am 90% sure its the DPS

DPS - Differential Pressure Sensor

What makes me even more sure is

Recall Details for MERCEDES BENZ - C, E AND S CLASS

Now I wonder is the above link means that merc should replace it for free???

DPF- Diesel Particulate filter

Got it on STAR by an independant and came up with error code 2079-001...

Replacing DPF is £1000+

But I have done some googling and I am 90% sure its the DPS

DPS - Differential Pressure Sensor

What makes me even more sure is

Recall Details for MERCEDES BENZ - C, E AND S CLASS

Now I wonder is the above link means that merc should replace it for free???

Went to the dealers and bought MAP and DPS sensors, got the DPS fitted but no joy...

Was going to fit MAP on the following Monday but...

Went to Alton Towers on the weekend (100 miles to go and come back), used cruise control to maintain one speed above 40mph and it seems that the DPF regenerated itself and the issue is now fixed..

mybe it was not the DPS and it was just the DPF that needed to regenerate..

LESSON: if youre having a DPF error, first make a long triop and use your cruise control to see if it fixes it than start replacing parts if it doesent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom