W211 E320 CDI TIE TOD ASSEMBLY

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tradtx

Car
E320 cdi (2008)
Boy am I having car problems! It's been none stop for a week, turns out paying to take your rack for 'an adjustment' is a waste of time if it's your tie rods that were knocking all along. Not happy. So here I am again asking if anyone has tie rod assemblies for a w211 e320 cdi 2007. Must be oem or lemforder.

Surely one would just go to ECP? Lemforder tie rods are <£40 a pair at current offer.

Or do you need the track rod ends as well?

Surely one would just go to ECP? Lemforder tie rods are <£40 a pair at current offer.

Or do you need the track rod ends as well?
You would think so. :)

I managed to get it sorted thank you. I don't tend to shop with ECP as they tend to be over priced but for anyone else interested in the inner tie rod, gsf have them for 13 quid a side. Very cheap!

I managed to get it sorted thank you. I don't tend to shop with ECP as they tend to be over priced but for anyone else interested in the inner tie rod, gsf have them for 13 quid a side. Very cheap!

The name is largely irrelevant, whoever has the cheapest deal for the bit in question. Same point though - why bother asking here when they're £13 over the counter? :dk:

Last edited:
The name is largely irrelevant, whoever has the cheapest deal for the bit in question. Same point though - why bother asking here when they're £13 over the counter?
Because the forum is my first port of call as I've snapped up stuff off of here before. I found them later on gsf. Why not take them off someone who possibly had some lying them around, you know, help them out. Why not take part in the community? I posted in the wanted section... Like, did i break or rule or something? If not, then that comment was just unnecessary and toxic.

And maybe in light of me finding them on gsf someone else can snap up a bargain whilst stocks last. Please! Nothing like a negative car forum!

It merely seemed an odd part to be asking for given the relative value and availability.

It's ironic however that you're throwing around words like "unnecessary" and "toxic" when you're the one jumping down my throat for a case of simple curiosity.

It merely seemed an odd part to be asking for given the relative value.

It's ironic however that you're throwing around words like "unnecessary" and "toxic" when you're the one jumping down my throat for a case of simple curiosity.
Full tie rod assemblies are over a hundred quid over the counter, given I'd already spent money reconditioning the rack i thought I'd try my luck. Again, i posted in the wanted section... it's not so much yourself i took objection to as i did with the you'd think so comment. I didn't appreciate it and it was uncalled for hence my frustration. Thank you.

Sorry. But asking for things like track rods end , hub ball joints , cheap tyres. At a discounted price ,when they are only cheap anyways and mixed with the fact you don't know what your getting , isn't really the normal way to go , hence the saying you'd of thought so. Maybe you should think about parting with the mercedes if its upkeep is an issue on your pocket. Its what id be doing ...

A consumable service item,I guess your mileage is over 100k .

don't forget upper and lower control arms,drop links,arb bushes and drop link arms too

as these will need changing soon...

don't forget upper and lower control arms,drop links,arb bushes and drop link arms too

Got any laid about ?

Sorry. But asking for things like track rods end , hub ball joints , cheap tyres. At a discounted price ,when they are only cheap anyways and mixed with the fact you don't know what your getting , isn't really the normal way to go , hence the saying you'd of thought so. Maybe you should think about parting with the mercedes if its upkeep is an issue on your pocket. Its what id be doing ...
Don't know what you're getting? I'm not trying to buy them used, maybe you should let people used the wanted section for what it was intended for. When you're doing an overhaul parts add up fast and i don't see why one wouldn't reach out to save where they can.

All done 25,000 miles ago. Just the back end to go which I'll probably get round too in the summer. Thanks for the heads up though =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom