W211 E320 Rear Brake Pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tazco

Car
2012 Mercedes W212 E350CDi V6 Sport
Hi all,

Its my first post! :)

Car went in for an MOT yesterday and passed but as the rear brake pads are low and need replacing. Asked MB Swansea and they have quoted £211 to replace where the parts are only £54. Is this horrendous?

Was planning to order a set of Pagids from ECP with their 25% discount at the moment. My car is a W211 E320 CDi V6 with sport edition. Can the ECP man confirm the part number that I need to order?

Or any further advice is always welcome!

Many thanks,
Tazco

It's expensive, but that's probably just the cost of the parts (genuine) plus 1 hour's labour or thereabouts.

A member on here (BrabusK8) was offering forum members 40% discount of genuine MB service parts - might be worth trying them instead.

FWIW, I have found ECP prices to be quite expensive for some parts before the discounts - so worth shopping around, not always such a bargain with 25% off as you might think.

How much do you think an indy would charge for the labour to fit them? Is it a big job?

Indy would probably charge about 1/2 MB dealer labour rates.

Maybe £50-70 for an hour, plus parts?

Where abouts in the country are you? Perhaps someone could recommend somewhere :)

Will

Currently living in Bexhill on Sea..... Not much around here!!

Will go with the genuine parts and get someone local to install them!

Assuming you can find soemone that can deal with the SBC system, if yours is a pre-facelift w211, which is presumably why the dealer charges are high.

For some reason, all the dealers who I talk to state that they don't match this...
Bought the pads today for £50 from local dealer and will get a local indy to fit!

Thanks for the comments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom