W211 E320 Tracking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David404

Car
GLE350d (W166)
Looking to get my W211 tracking checked/adjusted ideally all 4 wheels assuming the rear track is adjustable.

Anybody experience of this using Kwik Fit or similar?

BTW - doing as preventative maintenance and to gat the best out of tyre life no underlying problems I'm aware of.

All opinion/comment/suggestion welcome???

Looking to get my W211 tracking checked/adjusted ideally all 4 wheels assuming the rear track is adjustable.

Anybody experience of this using Kwik Fit or similar?

BTW - doing as preventative maintenance and to gat the best out of tyre life no underlying problems I'm aware of.

All opinion/comment/suggestion welcome???

Wouldn't let kwikfit touch my wheelbarrow .jeff Fowkles in ibstock is the best around Leicestershire I think but not cheap

Have you used this company?

Wouldn't let kwikfit touch my wheelbarrow .jeff Fowkles in ibstock is the best around Leicestershire I think but not cheap

Have you used this Co to do your W211?

Notice any difference to the driving experience after?

Have you used this Co to do your W211?

Notice any difference to the driving experience after?

Yep. Fronts were toeing in but you wouldn't have known. Rears were crack on. Iirc it's £30 to check and then 20ish to adjust front and extra for rears. It's a real good make aliner but can't remember the name and the chap's there have been there for ever so know there stuff.

Yes I had mine done at kwik fit last September. I seem to remember the fronts being towed in as well. Until it was done, i always had to hold the steering wheel slightly left in order to drive the car in a dead straight line.

I don't know if these cars are especially susceptible to tracking/alignment problems. My own car is actually going in for a service and MOT this week at my local independent, so i would like them to have a good look around to see what they can find. It still requires a little bit of steering correction to drive perfectly straight and i also hear a slight "clunk" when the steering is on full lock.

I have used Kwik fit recently and previously with my jag, as long as they have the "Hunter" tracker excellent bit of kit, they will be able to do the 4 wheel tracking you require

I have my S211 Estate done every 6 months when I switch over from summer to winter tyres and back.

£60 odd at SelectaTyre. They've got a machine which shows you how far out each wheel is.

Does make a difference I find when its been done.

Avoid Thick-Twit.....in the words of Lord Blackadder "Spurn them as you would spurn a rabid dog" :)
Find a wheel place that has a Hunter geometry machine, it may cost 60, but it will be done by someone a bit better versed than someone just 'adjusting' the front wheels for ££.

Hunter machines do a 4 wheel alignment, checking camber and castor too.

(And yes there may well be the odd operative in KF that is good, but that hasn't been my experience with them ever, nor by many others from what I've read)

My local KwikFit has a Hunter four-wheel aligner, and they know how to use it. They did a free tracking check on my first W211 when I bought a couple of tyres from them, and their results were the same as when I took the car to Wheels In Motion to have it set up.

Without camber adjustment bolts how can they make alterations to anything other than toe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not just me then. I had mine tracked at Kwik Fit.
Before - pulled to the left and tyres wore unevenly.
After - exactly the same.
Took it back - exactly the same.
I now just live with it. In fact the pull to the left keeps me alert and awake on long journeys!!!

It's not just me then. I had mine tracked at Kwik Fit.
Before - pulled to the left and tyres wore unevenly.
After - exactly the same.
Took it back - exactly the same.
I now just live with it. In fact the pull to the left keeps me alert and awake on long journeys!!!

It's wrong then. Mine is straight as an arrow unless you're on a cambered road which all cars will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom