W211 e320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DetailerDan

Car
W204 c250 cdi amg sport
Right guys i am in a bit of a pickle here and need some advise. I recently purchased an e320cdi which i have been looking for in the right spec for a goos few months.
Anyway iam going to carry out a full service soon but the problem i have is my oil level indicator isn't functioning, ive followed the step by step instructions on here and on ebay but where the oil level is supposed to read it doesn't. The question i have is does it have an oil dipstick tube where i can purchase a dipstick to check the good old way? Regards Dan
P. S it does have a dipstick at ths rear of the engine but i think that is the transmission dipstick pictured below 97426.jpg

Pull it out and see what oils on the end . Engine oil will be black and stinking . Gearbox dipsticks have temperature markings on the ends .

Pull it out and see what oils on the end . Engine oil will be black and stinking . Gearbox dipsticks have temperature markings on the ends .
I did pull it out and it has min and max on it and its pretty clean oil especially for a diesel but doesn't smell like gear oil

I did pull it out and it has min and max on it and its pretty clean oil especially for a diesel but doesn't smell like gear oil
Looks like a v6 to me . They did away with the oil level sensor on the straight 6.

Yep , same car as me buddy . That’s oil dipstick , the gearbox (7g ) is fill from below via the sump
.229.51 spec oil for the engine
Thanks mate 👍

I’ve had my E320cdi for 10 years , still love it . Got 110k on it now and been doing nearly all the work in it myself for that last few years .
I ordered 229.51 oil from Mercedes Newcastle, yes i have had 1 before and regreted selling it so had to have another, but my old 1 was high spec so had to match it and luckily i found 1 and this 1 has the extra of the pan roof. Only thing i miss is the 3 peice rear spoiler. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom