W211 E320cdi problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ajcreece

Car
e320 cdi
Currently having problems with my e320cdi v6. I have fault codes p1408 p1409 which from what I have read are to do with EGR I have recently had the EGR off and give it a good clean. That's the fault codes I get, Under hard acceleration the car jerks violently until I take the accelerator off and there also seems to be a whooshing noise coming from engine bay possibly air leaking from somewhere or something but not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated I know I need to check for a split boost pipe from all hoses but haven't had chance and not really sure where to start looking! Many thanks

Forgot to add car is due a service could the fuel filter play a part in the violent jerking under acceleration

Jerking sounds like the the turbo actuator motor.

Jerking sounds like the the turbo actuator motor.

That's what I have also been told I have had the car on a stars recently and they said that the actuator is fine. I don't have the printout to hand so can't tell you the exact problems the stars reported but it never brought a fault up with actuator but going through all the forums everyone who reported same problems as me have had the actuator replaced or repaired and that solved the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom