w211 e320cdi sport suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

streethawk

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320cdi sport
Hi guys I was just wondering if any of you with a e320cdi sport could measure the height from floor to centre of the front arch as mine seems high. It had new springs on the front before I got it at mercedes and ive done lots of research to make sure they are the correct springs which they are. I can only assume they have altered the height by moving the adjustable snap rings in the bottom aluminium mount where the spring sits. So I am planning on taking it apart to rectify this. Would appreciate it if I could get a few measurements to confirm this before I strip it. Many thanks Carl.

mines got sports suspension , but its not a sport , if that's any good . 2004 e 320 cdi == 38 inches from centre of the wheel to lip of front wing .

Last edited:
665mm from floor to the centre of the wheel arch front and back, Mines e320 (53) reg avantgarde tho not a sport :/ New springs can take a little while to bed down abit.

sorry . misread the tape . mines around 15/16 inches from hub centre to lip of wing / 406 mm

I measure floor to arch as 655mm, mine is a genuine sport with relatively recent new springs fitted (at PCS).

That's quite interesting. I had to replace the front springs on my e320 sport, and it did actually look slightly higher at the front afterwards than it did before they were replaced. I think it must be the case that merc85 is right and they just need to settle down.

That's quite interesting. I had to replace the front springs on my e320 sport, and it did actually look slightly higher at the front afterwards than it did before they were replaced. I think it must be the case that merc85 is right and they just need to settle down.

They have been on over a year and a half and mine is 685 from floor. Definitely too high compared to many I've seen. Sure some muppet as moved the snap ring. Thanks for all your replies
.Mine about just under 15inch from center of wheel too.

They have been on over a year and a half and mine is 685 from floor. Definitely too high compared to many I've seen. Sure some muppet as moved the snap ring. Thanks for all your replies
.Mine about just under 15inch from center of wheel too.

Just to add, the chap who works for me has a (54) reg e320 cdi avantagarde which as had a new set of Springs on the front and that is sitting at 685mm too although they have been on there for aprox 1 month

Checking against you're sizes it's high! I thought about an inch so this confirms it. I'll take it apart when I get time and post results.

Just to add, the chap who works for me has a (54) reg e320 cdi avantagarde which as had a new set of Springs on the front and that is sitting at 685mm too although they have been on there for aprox 1 month

I am sure there is about 2 inch adjustment under the aluminium seat what the spring sits on! Think the Avantgarde should be set in the middle setting of the grooves and sport at the bottom! This is what makes me think someone at merc for some reason has changed it. Or maybe it was wrong from the factory maybe. Hope I am right as it's bugs me. Here's a pic see what you guys think.

ForumRunner_20151215_182758.jpg

ForumRunner_20151215_182822.jpg

ForumRunner_20151215_182844.jpg

Calipers look awesome mate ;) Its looks exactly like the chap's at work which im with your thinking that it looks a little high.

Mines in the Garage atm sitting on axle stands lol, Just measured the bottom of the collar to the bottom of the shock tube and its 19.9cm if that helps.

Last edited:
Calipers look awesome mate ;) Its looks exactly like the chap's at work which im with your thinking that it looks a little high.

Mines in the Garage atm sitting on axle stands lol, Just measured the bottom of the collar to the bottom of the shock tube and its 19.9cm if that helps.

Thanks gav every little helps he he. Do you like the wheels now they have been refurbished black chrome?

The car looks cracking buddy, Yep they look sorted bud :)

I had the same issue and checked mine and moved the c clip to the bottom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 41

wow how does the clip move? do you have to take the strut off to do it?:devil:

Yes take strut off and the spring then tap the spring purchase up and you will see the c clip. Gently open the c clip slights with a small flat blade screw driver and slide it down

Amazing how such a little clip can hold all that pressure. I am hoping I can get a touch and look under the aluminium seat while in situ and maybe see some grooves! Hope so anyway.

In this picture is this when it was set wrong and in the middle and you slid it down to the bottom to get the correct height. ?

Amazing how such a little clip can hold all that pressure. I am hoping I can get a touch and look under the aluminium seat while in situ and maybe see some grooves! Hope so anyway.

Torch not touch! Doh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom