w211 E320CDI SUMP LEAK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boxer 01

Car
w211 e320cdi sport g7 with paddleshift
Hi whilst carrying out oil service I noticed that oil sump is leaking. On closer inspection the seal seems to be some type of sealant I was wondering what type of sealant this is and whether it can be done by myself I would be grateful if any of the experienced members could provide a detailed procedure to carry out repair.
I have a roll of ptfe gasket material which is approximately 10mm round and on tightening will fill the seal gap perfectly but I am not sure how ptfe reacts with oil. I have only used on hot water/steam and it's superb (it's also very expensive.)
Regards
Boxer

Thanks for the advice, just what I was looking for. What size tube, is 70mg enough to do one sump repair.

Thanks for the advice, just what I was looking for. What size tube, is 70mg enough to do one sump repair.

Yes you don't want to use to much and risk any sealant getting into the sump itself.

Could also be your oil cooler leaking ££££

Make sure there isn't oil leaking down the passenger side of the engine/gearbox.

Above the sump all-round dry and the sump gasket I was told needed doing a couple of years back. So the sump will be resealed soon and thanks for everyone's input much appreciated.

Hi you don't happen to know the original mb part number for a 2007 e320cdi oil filter the engine number starts 642.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom