W211 E320CDi Vibration when in reverse but only with a cold engine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
Our 2008 E320CDi has just begun to vibrate when in reverse gear with a cold engine. Once warm you can select reverse and there is no noticeable vibration. All gear changes are otherwise normal, no flaring or harsh changes.

It is the same in either S or C mode.

Any clues?

My thoughts are a gearbox mount.

Our 2008 E320CDi has just begun to vibrate when in reverse gear with a cold engine. Once warm you can select reverse and there is no noticeable vibration. All gear changes are otherwise normal, no flaring or harsh changes.

It is the same in either S or C mode.

Any clues?

My thoughts are a gearbox mount.
I just had my Indy replace both engine and tranny mount on the same car , I bought Lemforder via Autodoc , and he fitted them . Total price £215 on my 2009 with 106k on it , so a cheap job in MB terms

Thanks chfod.

Presumably the load in reverse when cold is enough to pull the rpm down and cause vibration through the cabin?

Would the general consensus be to fit OE MB mounts or are aftermarket such as Lemforder just as good? I have no idea which companies make them for MB.

Cost is not an issue and as they have lasted this long (140,000 miles) I I cannot complain about longevity :)

Would the general consensus be to fit OE MB mounts or are aftermarket such as Lemforder just as good? I have no idea which companies make them for MB.

Cost is not an issue and as they have lasted this long (140,000 miles) I I cannot complain about longevity :)

David,

I bought a set from MB as well as a set of Lemförder ones from Autodoc to compare. They were physically identical, both being manufactured in the same countries (CZ for the engine mounts and IN for the gearbox mount) and had the same casting markings etc. I’m almost certain the OE items are Lemförder. :) The cost difference was over £100 even with trade discount on the MB parts.

I just had my Indy replace both engine and tranny mount on the same car , I bought Lemforder via Autodoc , and he fitted them . Total price £215 on my 2009 with 106k on it , so a cheap job in MB terms

The Lemforder parts are £150... so they charged just £65 to fit?!

Are these the correct Lemforder parts for a 2008 224ps OM642 and is the mount the same for left and right?

Engine Mounting LEMFÖRDER 26084 01 Hydro Bearing — Buy now!

They seem suspiciously cheap.
Not sure about the compatibility side of things, but AUTODOC are great in terms of pricing and a massive German retailer so there’s no worries about receiving non-authentic parts. 👍

Could anyone with WIS kindly look up the part number(s) plus the transmission mount?

2008 W211 320Cdi rear wheel drive OM642 Engine

Thanks in advance. :)

Could anyone with WIS kindly look up the part number(s) plus the transmission mount?

2008 W211 320Cdi rear wheel drive OM642 Engine

Thanks in advance. :)
What’s the registration?

Many thanks to all that posted here with some extremely useful links to parts websites with parts numbers comparisons etc

MB have quoted £96.97 per front mount.

Some research shows quite a number of suppliers, most I have never heard of buy three I have, Boge, Meyle and Lemforder.

I have found Meyle mounts on eBay for under £50 each.I just need to cross reference against the OEM numbers of 2112400517, 2112402817

Many thanks to all that posted here with some extremely useful links to parts websites with parts numbers comparisons etc

MB have quoted £96.97 per front mount.

Some research shows quite a number of suppliers, most I have never heard of buy three I have, Boge, Meyle and Lemforder.

I have found Meyle mounts on eBay for under £50 each.I just need to cross reference against the OEM numbers of 2112400517, 2112402817
Just Lemforder buddy , mine had the MB part number on them , just not the star

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom