w211 e55 2002 (52)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Does anyone know the possible cause for a Intermittent SRS light staying on whilst driving for a 1 min then going off?

Also do the Early 52 w211 Sbc brake system have SBC H and S as this was not there/working?

1 Malfunction Fuel light being on? cant remember if thats correct? :dk:

Any help much apreciated:thumb:

I had that happen when my battery was on it's way out.

Popped on recently then I realised that I'd been doing a four mile commute with the heated seat and heated rear window on! Think it gave the battery a hammering. Couple of long drives and all fine.

Popped on recently then I realised that I'd been doing a four mile commute with the heated seat and heated rear window on! Think it gave the battery a hammering. Couple of long drives and all fine.

Humm perhaps, although this car is being used pretty much daily over a good distance :/ Really appreciate the imput though.:thumb:

The Light stayed RED didnt flash or Bing on the dash as a Malfunction but was there a good Min or so.

Last edited:

I would have thought the battery convenience message would have flashed up first.

Normally if the SBC hold does not work it will flash up a message to say it's currently unavailable. So at a guess... It probably does not have this feature on a 52 plate.

Look for a 53 plate or newer I would say... Less chance of rust as well.

The body on this was near imaculate, but after having a srs light flash up its put doubts in my mind, Yes I'm think 53 onwards tbh. Shame stunning car and drove fantastic. I do love the sbc hold feature.

Generally it's going to be a seat sensor, quite common for failure on these seats. It's often weight sensors in the seats. You can bypass them with a £30 bypass sensor which still allows you to have fully functional airbags and restraints but it just cuts the signal. I used one on my cls55 and worked perfectly

merc85 said:
The body on this was near imaculate, but after having a srs light flash up its put doubts in my mind, Yes I'm think 53 onwards tbh. Shame stunning car and drove fantastic. I do love the sbc hold feature.

Was this the black car advertised on a social media site?

could be a loose connector on the seat, prob something really simple, needs to go on star to properly diagnose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom