W211 E55 2003 started engine and no acceleration when pressing throttle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kwan88

Car
Merc
Just had an issues that I hope is very minor.

Car was cool to warm. Started the engine and all was fine, no warnings and it sounded normal.

As I was getting out of a long car park I didn't really give it any gas. When I tried to give it some gas the car did not accelerate any more even though I pressed it all the way down 2 times.

I had to pull over and restart the engine and then it was all normal.

Car just had a major service last week with oil, diff oil, plugs and gearbox oil changed.

Any ideas?

Thanks would Star be able to pick this up? Is this a common fault and roughly is it an expensive job with parts?

Regards.

A Star may pick it up. I would expect at least a fault code come up. It is expensive.

Just had a thought. It could be a faulty throttle pedal too.

Is the throttle pedal just a sensor and can i diy it? Is it expensive and a common fault?

I am hoping star would have logged this?

I thought my floor mat was in the way till, I moved it and still had the same issue which was fine after restart.

FWIW, had kind of similar in mine a couple of years back, though the revs were surging and the CEL lit up too. New throttle body was needed (yes, as Olly said above - expensive :() but your issue sounds a little different.

Not much help, sorry, but didn't want to just read and pass over your post.

Hope it's an easy fix :thumb:

Had the problem occur again but this time Star logged a fault. Looks like I need a new electronic pedal. Besides the dealer anyone know where else to buy the item cost effectively?

Regards

Attachments

• 20150130_155348.jpg
    20150130_155348.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 30
Would you know how much it would be please? I don't want to faint at the merc dealer.

I believe they are about £120-£150 + vat, but I could be wrong :eek:

Matt

That's quite a bit. Wondering if the £25 ebay used ones are worth a go? I will check with my local dealer and check.

Thanks

Kwan88 said:
That's quite a bit. Wondering if the £25 ebay used ones are worth a go? I will check with my local dealer and check. Thanks

A used one May have the same issue. Get a new one.

Hi KWan88888 I had this issue too when my Chinese friend was in the passenger seat. He radiated the throttle and the car was like a Honda Civic below the VTEC (ek9 Type-R) for about 5 miles. I had it fixed for £109.87 at Mercedes main dealer.

Thanks, even with the throttle issue, it was still quicker than the ek9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom