W211 E55 2006 Radiator Valeo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rgracin

Car
2007 E63 AMG Estate
Could someone help shed some light on this for me please.

I have looked at a couple of E55's lately, one a 2004 the other a 2006. Both have had the radiator with the square edged crimping.

Searches show that this indicates that they are Valeo, but I thought they stopped using them around 2003?

My question is, did they stop using Valeo altogether, or did Valeo fix the issue?

I can see that a 2004 may have a 2003 build date so could be affected, but a 2006 car?

Are these issues or ok on this age?

Thanks

That 2006 E55 must have been one of the last off the line.

The 2006 will not/should not have the problematic Valeo issue, the 2004 maybe so.

My mechanic advised me that if the radiator hasnt had any issues by this point (my cars a 53) it shouldn't be a problem.

if the datacard on the car has the year of build as 2005 or newer (805 or 806 code) then it will not have the valeo issue

From searching through various gossip on forums from the US, Germany and here the majority of failures on the W211 came from pre September 2003, Mercedes continued to use Valeo but with an improved internal design until 2005. There are some post Sept 2003 have also reported some issues but far less. I can't see the point in worrying to be honest at this stage most 03/04 cars will be 50k+ miles and the majority of failures were below this. You can never say never but I would bet you have just as much chance as a number 7 or 8 cylinder going bang!

if the datacard on the car has the year of build as 2005 or newer (805 or 806 code) then it will not have the valeo issue

Can I get a the data card for mine somehow? Are these in the public domain? Or is the above code part of one's chassis number?

I'm interested really - not concerned about the issue in particular.

Can I get a the data card for mine somehow? Are these in the public domain? Or is the above code part of one's chassis number?

I'm interested really - not concerned about the issue in particular.

you will have a summary at the back of the service book with all the codes on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom