W211 E55 AMG Arnott Rear Air Springs ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, (and some Imps)
W211 E55 AMG Arnott Rear Air Springs ?

Those ones are A-2726, apparently the E55 AMG needs A-2725 and cheapest on ebay is £397 but I contacted company and got an auto reply they were closed due to fire.

A-2725 doesn't seem as widely available as the other one.

Not that I need any, ( tempting fate ! ) but why are all the ads on Ebay for a rear left item? Is there somethhing peculiar about the right hand rear?

Steve.

Not that I need any, ( tempting fate ! ) but why are all the ads on Ebay for a rear left item? Is there somethhing peculiar about the right hand rear?

Steve.

The aftermarket ones are interchangeble on the rear anyway so advertising a left or right makes no difference.
No idea if its OEM ones being advertised though.

AMGeed,
Thank you for solving another of life's dilemmas
64CA4-dilemma.png

Steve.

No idea why most would be for the left

All sorted now, new Arnott A-2725 on the way, here in a few days.

I had the rear airsprings replaced on my full airmatic E500 estate a couple of years ago. The rear springs differ from the non full airmatic ones, and we didn't want to risk going for the Arnotts, which differed from the originals, which had an additional chamber. As it was, I bought genuine re-manufactured airsprings from the main dealer, which were cheaper. Worth enquiring about?

Sorry, just overlapped your last post!

I checked with the main dealer, they were I think around £500 for reconditioned parts.

From what I've read the Arnotts are good and don't require the additional chamber, spoke to them today who confirmed parts are suitable.

It would have cost me £500 to recondition the old ones against £800 for the Arnott's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom