W211 E55 AMG brake pads and caliper pins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjoshyuk

Car
2003 W211 E55 AMG & 2002 SLK32 AMG
Went to main dealers yesterday and they want £186 for front pads. I am not paying that.

ECP and mister auto have pagid, brembo and febi bilstein. Which ones should I buy?

Also should I buy new caliper pinsas the main dealers said mine would be knackered

Went to main dealers yesterday and they want £186 for front pads. I am not paying that.

ECP and mister auto have pagid, brembo and febi bilstein. Which ones should I buy?

Also should I buy new caliper pinsas the main dealers said mine would be knackered

I was advised to stick with Mercedes brake pads and discs. You are aware that the SBC pump needs to be disabled preferably via star?

W211 Amg brakes are made by brembo,, the exact front pads are 70.00 in brembo box,, 8 pieces on their website,, you will need to get new pad sensors when fitting

Hi
Yeah I knew STAR to be connected, my local indy is fitting them. Didn't want to pay 180 quid for pads and 92 each for discs.
Ive bought brembo discs but was unsure of pads to use

Do I need new caliper pins?

Last edited:
Yes better to change pins

the mb disks are good and better than a lot of the aftermarket makes, I used EBC Redstuff because of the lower dust, fitting is poor on them so you need a mechanic who is used top poor fitting pads.

if it wasn't for dust I would still get mb pads

You don't need star to change pads just disconnect the battery and unplug the sbc unit well you don't even need to do that as long as no one opens the doors on the car...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom