W211 E55 AMG... Low mileage, 33k miles...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I came across this one in my search, has a good spec on it too. I can't push myself to £14k though, otherwise I'd have had it.

I wouldn't pay even £10K for a tired one at the moment. Given how well the W211s stand up to mileage, I wouldn't regard 33k miles as justifying pushing up the price to anywhere near £14K either, but there may well be someone who will, if they want it as a keeper. At average mileage, there's an easy ten more years in it at least, and by then it may have become an 'emerging classic'...

That ones sold.

What the £14k one sold?

Yes, spoke to them on Friday and it sold for the full £14K.

That's very low miles too, viewed one last week with a friend it was still driving tight with 120K on the clock.

Last edited:
Cheap car :)

They say there's another due in.

I wouldnt have given that car the time nor day - i stopped reading the ad when i got to 'only E55 on auto trader' - there were around 8 when i last looked!!

Agreed, 14k seems a bit toppy too. few more miles on mine but i'd rather pocket the 4k! ;o)

Whs

Yes, spoke to them on Friday and it sold for the full £14K.

To (mis)quote Cynthia Payne: "Well, they would say that, wouldn't they?"

I agree. What percentage of cars sell for the full ticket price. Must be a minority surely. Unless it is a classic, rare or auction car most must be bought for less than the ticket/screen/advertised price.

Can't see how that sold for £14k that quickly. It may well of done but it would surprise me.

14k was definitely top wack

Why the conspiracy theory that the seller has fabricated the sale price? :dk:

How about - it was a very low mileage car with full MB history and two owners, very high spec (looks to have distronic, keyless go, heated/cooled dynamic seats, rear blind etc ?

With 33k miles under its belt and retailed from a proper car sales pitch £14k strikes me as excellent value.

If it had been an estate I would probably have bought it myself :)

The proof of the pudding is that it has sold - people often pay good money for clean low mileage cars :thumb:

It's not really a conspiracy theory, but you must admit that if they have another one coming, it would be to their advantage if people believe that the previous one sold for a high asking price.

After a fair few years on this planet & a fair few years in business you tend to believe little or much about what most say or do. A rule that on the whole has worked to a point for me. A majority are economical with the truth with a slight fabrication sometimes. There is a definite minority of decent, hard working and honest folk around. Therefore I sadly have this regular cynicism that I don't always believe what I am told as often it isn't 100% the actual truth.

Sad state of affairs but that is the world we live in I'm afraid. I used to trust and believe all people until proven otherwise but it got me nowhere and just made me used/abused.

Love the picture of the interrogation room that the seller included in the advert. Only the adding of balloons around the parking lot would have made it a classier operation.

Unmolested, low mileage E55 with a few extras and in black is more than reasonable at this price. Next to impossible to find such rare examples if you want to add one of the best engines ever made to your collection. Worth more than the sticker, hence why it sold so quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom