w211 e55 amy low bhp dyno results

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamiet1986

Car
w211 E55 AMG,
I recently had a cat delete and c63 back boxes fitted to my car i also run a 172mm crank pulley with belt wrap kit and eurocharged map. My dyno results came back as 455bhp at the engine this can't be right can it?

Can you post the dyno graph please?

Most likely culprit is a failing IC pump.

here is the dyno chart i had to attach as a screen shot as was to big a file

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 21.18.12.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 21.18.12.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 75
I recently had a cat delete and c63 back boxes fitted to my car i also run a 172mm crank pulley with belt wrap kit and eurocharged map. My dyno results came back as 455bhp at the engine this can't be right can it?

My own Q; would be where was the dyno run taken? further from your post info, you really do not need that BWK, no benefit with your current mods, have it taken off, till you move on mate.

My car is highly modded, has the BWK, the most PIA thing fitted, when it breaks again and I have no parts, it's history.

My own Q; would be where was the dyno run taken? further from your post info, you really do not need that BWK, no benefit with your current mods, have it taken off, till you move on mate.

My car is highly modded, has the BWK, the most PIA thing fitted, when it breaks again and I have no parts, it's history.

Was by msl's essex branch prestige performance.

I've had no problems with the belt wrap kit and i noticed a lot less dust from the supercharger belt since i fitted it. Its been on over two years.

Last edited:
Can you post the dyno graph please?

Most likely culprit is a failing IC pump.

Power going up with each test would suggest no heat soak?

Even with a fubar'd IC pump, mine still chucked out more and then reverted to standard.

What did they say at Prestige? Did they check the IAT's during the run?

Deleted.

Last edited:
Power going up with each test would suggest no heat soak?

Yes agreed, hence why wanting to see the graph. Something's not right though and would say it's down to how it's been dyno'd, however this place will have done many 55's before. A 172mm crank pulley should be good for 550bhp with a remap.

my only other thought would be that the supercharger clutch is gone? The car was to the petrol station before the runs and it was a warm day. I've ordered a new IC pump see if it helps but I'm not sure.

Ive noticed less chirping from the supercharger but it still pulls pretty hard I've ran with no SC belt before but it doesn't feel the same as that

Are there no pre-mod dyno results?

my only other thought would be that the supercharger clutch is gone? The car was to the petrol station before the runs and it was a warm day. I've ordered a new IC pump see if it helps but I'm not sure.

Ive noticed less chirping from the supercharger but it still pulls pretty hard I've ran with no SC belt before but it doesn't feel the same as that

I thought about the charger not working but 700nm of torque is blown territory.

I don't think a standard V8 even with those mods would do anything like that.

It may not be operating correctly or perhaps the belt slipping?

I had to fit a smaller belt to mine after a smaller pulley although it didn't slip, it just jumped and tried to jump itself off!

Yes agreed, hence why wanting to see the graph. Something's not right though and would say it's down to how it's been dyno'd, however this place will have done many 55's before. A 172mm crank pulley should be good for 550bhp with a remap.

I had a dyno run when i bought the car about 4-5years ago at AMD in lakeside and i hit 528bhp and 875lb torque but prestige said this is wrong. I just want to get to the bottom of it as it bugging me.

Deleted.

Last edited:
Best advice I can give is to get back in touch with Prestige and see what they say. The max speed / revs looks high and indicates the run may have been done in too high a gear? However, they must have done 55's before........

Last edited:
Best advice I can give is to get back in touch restive and see what they say. The max speed / revs looks high and indicates the run may have been done in too high a gear? However, they must have done 55's before........

I know JD down there pretty well and he is pretty helpful and knows what he's doing so i can't see him doing a dyno run wrong. But i can't think what else would cause such a massive power loss

With 455bhp (if this is correct) then it should be running like a standard car so should still feel fast. Is there any possibility the map has been flashed to standard, or does it feel like it's lost power recently? Who fitted the 172mm pulley and when?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom