w211 e55 amy low bhp dyno results

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
cars been modded for years but was told the dyno results i had from before were wrong

I'm inclined to think the opposite, the latest are either wrong or your engine is suffering.

I'd be tempted to find another dyno to compare. How far are you from MSL?

I know JD down there pretty well and he is pretty helpful and knows what he's doing so i can't see him doing a dyno run wrong. But i can't think what else would cause such a massive power loss

Ok that's good to know. But given he knows his stuff then surely he would have commented that it's around 100bhp down on where it should be?

With 455bhp (if this is correct) then it should be running like a standard car so should still feel fast. Is there any possibility the map has been flashed to standard, or does it feel like it's lost power recently? Who fitted the 172mm pulley and when?

I can't see how it would be flashed but how could i tell? I did a hard pull in it the other day and it still looses traction on gear changes from 2nd to 3rd.

The 172mm pulley was fitted when i bought it but was swapped about a year ago as was a faulty eurocharged batch that kept throwing belts off

I'm inclined to think the opposite, the latest are either wrong or your engine is suffering.

I'd be tempted to find another dyno to compare. How far are you from MSL?

MSL is about 3 hours from me but i could go to AMD in lakeside but then it would still be in question as every tuner i talk to seems to slag off the others dyno findings

Ok that's good to know. But given he knows his stuff then surely he would have commented that it's around 100bhp down on where it should be?

He said he's not surprised as most cars don't make stock figures he said he has c63s in that only make 400bhp without a map

I had a dyno run when i bought the car about 4-5years ago at AMD in lakeside and i hit 528bhp and 875lb torque but prestige said this is wrong. I just want to get to the bottom of it as it bugging me.

Ok this explains it to me.

As a precaution get the 172mm pulley checked to make sure it is actually 172mm or larger than standard. If the original AMD map gave the figures you state then these just seem wrong. I've had a 55 with a 77mm SC pulley and that ran 600bhp and 700lb/ft, the only ones I've seen get around 800lb/ft have 180mm crank pulleys, plus other mods / dyno accuracy.

I think you would benefit from a proper remap to suit your mods.

Jules.

I can't see how it would be flashed but how could i tell? I did a hard pull in it the other day and it still looses traction on gear changes from 2nd to 3rd.

The 172mm pulley was fitted when i bought it but was swapped about a year ago as was a faulty eurocharged batch that kept throwing belts off

When you had the 172mm pulley fitted was the car remapped after fitting or not?

Ok this explains it to me.

As a precaution get the 172mm pulley checked to make sure it is actually 172mm or larger than standard. If the original AMD map gave the figures you state then these just seem wrong. I've had a 55 with a 77mm SC pulley and that ran 600bhp and 700lb/ft, the only ones I've seen get around 800lb/ft have 180mm crank pulleys, plus other mods / dyno accuracy.

I think you would benefit from a proper remap to suit your mods.

Jules.

The map on it is a eurocharged map that was with the original pulley as a bundle and the pulley on it now is a replacement eurocharged one i can measure it tomorrow and double check its 172mm but I'm pretty sure it is.

JD said he thought id be getting around 500bhp but even that seems low to me for a modded 55

When you had the 172mm pulley fitted was the car remapped after fitting or not?

What when it was replaced? It was meant to be s like for like replacement i didn't think would need a map after that.

MSL is about 3 hours from me but i could go to AMD in lakeside but then it would still be in question as every tuner i talk to seems to slag off the others dyno findings

If AMD did the original dyno, take it back and see what they get this time?

If AMD did the original dyno, take it back and see what they get this time?

Yes thats a good suggestion. I have new intercooler pump coming tomorrow so will fit that and see if the chirp and wine comes back a bit.

Just bit confused as the 2 dyno runs I've had are both in question

No i don't notice it as much as usual but the exhaust i had fitted is pretty loud. I also don't notice the chirp as much

I have the same issue with mine, I was told it was aorund 560hp 835nms, but i hardly hear the S/c but like you the exhaust is rather loud lol.

This is a 30-80 pull does it in 4sec, may give you summit to go on, i dont know if this is quick or not?? Others input would be good so feel free lol

Ps taken a while back Private rd etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG-Yr0U5B5s

Last edited:
I have the same issue with mine, I was told it was aorund 560hp 835nms, but i hardly hear the S/c but like you the exhaust is rather loud lol.

This is a 30-80 pull does it in 4sec, may give you summit to go on, i dont know if this is quick or not??

Ps taken a while back Private rd etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG-Yr0U5B5s

I'll nip down the local private road tomorrow and make a video to see what it does.

This was mine a few years ago on my private runway at my house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BtT56exc48

58-120 in about 7 is what mine does it bud, Damm need to get mine on a dyno lol

My advice is don't do it, it just messes with your head if your happy with your car stay away from dynos.

I may remake that video if it does the same timing i know its not lost anything.

My advice is don't do it, it just messes with your head if your happy with your car stay away from dynos.

I may remake that video if it does the same timing i know its not lost anything.

Lol i using get all my cars run on a dyno, The e55 is the 1st one i haven't had the chance yet.

But i understand what you are saying, It's usually always a disappointment lol

Lol i using get all my cars run on a dyno, The e55 is the 1st one i haven't had the chance yet.

But i understand what you are saying, It's usually always a disappointment lol

Just feel like I'm chasing numbers. All i really want is to make sure my car is running correctly and I'm getting the most out of my mods as i like to show the newer AMGs up when i get a chance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom