w211 e55 amy low bhp dyno results

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Always good to know its running correctly bud no harm in that.

My car is highly modded, has the BWK, the most PIA thing fitted, when it breaks again and I have no parts, it's history.

List your mods please and numbers. For those of us starting the journey. :bannana:

Just feel like I'm chasing numbers. All i really want is to make sure my car is running correctly and I'm getting the most out of my mods as i like to show the newer AMGs up when i get a chance

Any remapped 63 biturbo will show a 55k up unless it's got a Weistec charger. :thumb:

I can't help reference your issue but not all parts actually help to improve the performance. I've seen a few "mods" in my time that kept robbing you off the power despite saying opposite on the paper. Maybe try and reverse some to eliminate their influence on the overall picture, so to speak. Cylinder leak and compression tests also help to understand how the engine copes on its own.

Any remapped 63 biturbo will show a 55k up unless it's got a Weistec charger. :thumb:

true but can hang with the non turbo guys still

I can't help reference your issue but not all parts actually help to improve the performance. I've seen a few "mods" in my time that kept robbing you off the power despite saying opposite on the paper. Maybe try and reverse some to eliminate their influence on the overall picture, so to speak. Cylinder leak and compression tests also help to understand how the engine copes on its own.

Whilst a scientific approach would be to reverse some mods and see what happens I'm not sure my bank balance could afford the amount of dyno runs it would take.

Im pretty sure its a supercharger issue as I'm down roughly 80hp since my last run on a dyno

^ Yep, 550bhp should be seen easily with those mods.

Your car should eat N/A 63s alive with those mods, not just hang with them.

Something is definitely wrong.

I know it should and has before will have to do some drags with some and see what happens. Has anyone any idea how much power roughly i would loose to having a failed ic pump?

My E55k was with Acid at MSL today for mapping. It has:
: 84mm pulley
: Euroocharged short headers, sports cats, x pipe, sports rear boxes
: Eurocharged heat exchanger and Bosch 010 pump
: Polished and ported heads
: Recent engine rebuild.
It made 540bhp.
If you are not happy with your car take it to MSL. They will tell you what is actually happening.
Otherwise uncertainty will just eat away and prevent you enjoying your car.

It made 540bhp.
If you are not happy with your car take it to MSL. They will tell you what is actually happening.

What was the wheel horsepower?

I think mine about 535ish bhp with similar mods, but no headers, original engine and heads, stock primary cats (deleted secondary) and x pipe. This was dyno'd by a previous owner.

What was the wheel horsepower?

I think mine about 535ish bhp with similar mods, but no headers, original engine and heads, stock primary cats (deleted secondary) and x pipe. This was dyno'd by a previous owner.

I haven't seen the graph yet as the car is still at MSL..unfortunately I wasn't there due to work commitments. Acid went through it on the phone with me earlier. The most important thing to me is that he is happy with the car and says it's doing what he would expect.

It made 475bhp with std pulley and map but I believe there was an issue with the pulley/clutch slipping.

What the dyno does is give you a before and after comparison..everything else us guesswork.

Out of interest, Steve said your car felt significantly quicker than mine before it went to MSL..

Out of interest, Steve said your car felt significantly quicker than mine before it went to MSL..

Sounds like they make pretty much identical power, so maybe just perception. But it will certainly get better after these longtubes. :D

Sounds like they make pretty much identical power, so maybe just perception. But it will certainly get better after these longtubes. :D

Almost 600bhp with headers surely? That's insane! :thumb::rock:

I know it should and has before will have to do some drags with some and see what happens. Has anyone any idea how much power roughly i would loose to having a failed ic pump?

I think you'll know if the pump is gone. The acceleration will suffer greatly. Power delivery will also be very inconsistent. When I bought my CLS it was the first thing I noticed. It was all good when you floor it once but second time it wouldn't pick up at all - no acceleration.

I think you'll know if the pump is gone. The acceleration will suffer greatly. Power delivery will also be very inconsistent. When I bought my CLS it was the first thing I noticed. It was all good when you floor it once but second time it wouldn't pick up at all - no acceleration.

Which is why i think maybe the SC clutch is slipping at high rpm which would explain why i can't hit high numbers.

How can i check for this?

It made 540bhp.

I may have to do this when i have the money. Your figures seem relistic for your mods mine seem pathetic

Seems you have a great deal of varied advice here, it does seem you are down on power from what you have posted, am sure MSL will get to the bottom of it all, and you will get to enjoy your car again, I hope your problem is very quickly resolved.
My last thing I would mention, is once the blatant issue you have is fixed, don't get too hung up on the numbers, loads of it is, who did what, in what manner on the dyno, the proof will be on track, to a big degree, seen it lots of times, people shout they have this or that, then on track, it's all totally different, get your car fixed, if your up for it, run it at an event, you will soon see where you are, unfortunately I suspect, then it will become a mission as with a good few of us previously, to create more power, expending further big monies, unless you are strong enough to keep your ego in check, best of luck with it all, look forward to meeting up some time.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom