W211 E55 auto boot opener

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoothcoupe

Car
MERCEDES E55K-2001 AUDI S8-MERCEDES 300CE 24V SPORTLINE
Evening all my car has auto boot opener/closure. It hasn’t worked for about 2years so today I decided to investigate. I checked wiring coming into boot on n/s hinge and around 11 wires where worn and shorting together and on wire split. I soldered and insulated wires. And all good switches on bootlid lit up and it now works... however only opens halfway. I checked in the manual and it says opening height can be set to halfway or ful on saloons and estates via menu on dash. I followed instructions and checked but can find the option in the menu... any ideas guys???

I don't remember correctly but can't it also be set if you open it manually to set height once it opens half way and keep hold of the close button for about 5 seconds to make it open to where u want?

Never seen this option in the menu, perhaps someone else has.
This was in handbook my car obviously has this option but nothing in the menu.. baffled??

Attachments

• 6C74F9E2-6A43-4CEA-B989-FDB92E5D1D51.jpeg
    6C74F9E2-6A43-4CEA-B989-FDB92E5D1D51.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 15
I think they have a 'half-way' setting for inside garages etc & I'm pretty sure you'll need Star to reset it to full extension.

KR Matt :thumb:

This was in handbook my car obviously has this option but nothing in the menu.. baffled??
are you sure you've looking within the "Vehicle" sub menu? if you are, try what i said, im pretty sure thats anohter way to do it

Checked in my car for you, and tested.

The option is under the ‘vehicle’ settings menu.

‘On’ means the boot lid will open half way, ‘Off’ the boot lid will open fully.

Last edited:
Checked in my car for you, and tested.

The option is under the ‘vehicle’ settings menu.

‘On’ means the boot lid will open half way, ‘Off’ the boot lid will open fully.
I checked again no option under vehicle. I will put code reader on tomorrow and try to clear any stored codes regarding the boot closure and try again.

Just seen this in YouTube, was wondering if this could apply to my car as I completely disconnected the battery whilst repairing wiring
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nope, only works on the newer cars.

What you need to do is get the car on STAR to get the menu option coded back in.

I bet the previous owner did not wanted fix it, so left the boot wiring alone and then probably got the menu option coded out.

Nope, only works on the newer cars.

What you need to do is get the car on STAR to get the menu option coded back in.

I bet the previous owner did not wanted fix it, so left the boot wiring alone and then probably got the menu option coded out.
It worked when I got the car 6 years ago for about 3 years. Only thing I can think of is I changed the clocks from 160mph to later 200mph clocks. Had them done via star so all correct info transferred over. So your probably right pal. Maybe it needs inputting back on

I beieve you can reset it manually by doing the following
Open boot and then manually push it up slowly to maximum opening (you wil feel some resistace but it will slowly go up.)
when you have it fully open get into the car and hold the door switch in the open position for 5 secs
Then using the door switch close the boot again.
As I understand it that should reset the opening level.
Im not sure if you have to have the ignition on when doing it so try both .
post if it works or not for others. The information was given to me by another well respected member on here

on my 06 cls 55 with auto boot opening there is no menu option for resetting the boot opening as far as I am aware.

It worked when I got the car 6 years ago for about 3 years. Only thing I can think of is I changed the clocks from 160mph to later 200mph clocks. Had them done via star so all correct info transferred over. So your probably right pal. Maybe it needs inputting back on

Oh... I thought I have seen this video before.

For newer cars, you can set the limit at whatever angle you want via the bootlid or tailgate, much easier than this old set up.

We need someone to confirm from a 805 build (200mph clocks), whether they have the boot limiter option in the menu. If so, you just need to code it back in.

Oh... I thought I have seen this video before.

For newer cars, you can set the limit at whatever angle you want via the bootlid or tailgate, much easier than this old set up.

We need someone to confirm from a 805 build (200mph clocks), whether they have the boot limiter option in the menu. If so, you just need to code it back in.
Thanks mate. Appreciated.

My 2005 E55, S211, with the 200 mph clock has this option in the menu with vehicle settings.
Apologies for not being more explicit but am away at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom