W211 E55 Batteries dead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

izools

Car
W211 E55 AMG
Went to use the E55 yesterday and found it unresponsive to the remote key fob, battery dead.

I've managed to get into the boot with the physical key and hoik the battery out, was at 3.9V, it's on a smart charger now on a recondition cycle.

Just wanted to know if I should be aware of anything when I reconnect it? Will the alarm go off when I reconnect? Will there be any other weirdness? Any steps I should take before reconnecting it?

I'm tempted to also take the auxiliary battery out and put that on a recondition charge too. Once I've done this, is there an advised order in which I should re-install the batteries?

All advice greatly appreciated!

Couple of things you will need to check, windows, possibly power steering etc

Check my video here:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you, well made video!

This battery is knackered anyway it won't come up above ~7V.

*Sigh* better go buy a big ol' box of lead then.

Ooooh I spoke to soon... It came back up. We're on a 0.8A float charge now sitting happily at 14.6V.

It can go back in the car tonight, hopefully last a bit longer this time.

Really I need him to be on a trickle charge given how infrequently I drive out in the E55 these days but I've no electricity in the garage and it's too far from the house to install any... Maybe I aught to have two batteries on rotation. Will think about it.

Solar trickle charger

I've had even better news that that! I'm returning to the office every day starting tomorrow 🥳🥳🥳

End of solitary confinement 🙂

... For me and the car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom