w211 e55 BC Coilover done

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
E55
Hello

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out. I have done the bc racing coilover conversion and its great so if anyone would like to ask questions I will answer any you have, ME first :)

e55-rear-suspension-jpg.82044

1.Is this wonder full image a w211??
2.What are the two arms called that are located either side of ARB or next to subframe bushes?
3.It would seem their is a secondary drop link?
4.It would seem their is two wet knuckle joints also
5.can these be removed along with ARB with out dropping subframe remember no air res in the way
6.would these arms be difficult to inspect as my garage can not find anything and I want him to strip it all down and take the brakes off and the back plate but he gave me the face. loved it when I got this image out. they really don't like people with half a brain do they.

I ask this because the reason I ripped out the airmatic is because of its imperfections.. 99% of issues are solved.

1 over speed bumps its silent like a new car no creeking
2. Steering is so responsive
3. when the suspension is set to 10clicks back from full hard the drive is the best its every been

ISSUE

1. When I put it on full hard the rear left has a slight issue. its like the suspension has a little more travel when go down 30-40mm drops and it does NOT feel solid like the right hand side it actually feels lose. This tells me its weak bushes somewhere that can not handle the stiff ride but is hanging on when its soft. the wheel also feels un stable when going over these kind of drops (only near side) . I have a list on a previous post about what has been done.

I NOW SUSPECT THESE TWO ARMS, AS THEY HAVE NOT BEEN DONE OR MAYBE THE ANTIROLL BAR IS WEAK, NOT THE LINK AS THAT WAS DONE MONTHS AGO. I HAVE READ THESE ARE INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION SABILITY BARS.. COULD SOMEBODY EXPLAIN WHAT THIS MEANS? ITS IN THE NAME I NO BUT IM A BRICKY

Stiffer suspension always shows up the real weaknesses , camber or toe those arms .

Ideally the whole set up should be poly bush or hardened rubber .

Any intentions to have it corner weighted ?

I would have it corner weighted if I knew where to get this service its not spoken of. surely this isn't the issue??

Stiffer suspension always shows up the real weaknesses , camber or toe those arms .

Ideally the whole set up should be poly bush or hardened rubber .

Any intentions to have it corner weighted ?

do these arms provide stability as a primary function? is that a knuckle I see connecting them both together via a secondary drop link? If so would this knuckle be visible from underneath? im trying to establish why nobody can find it!! do I have to strip the hub and all the arms and find it that way because under pressure everything is fine. I have seen videos of w211 on youtube where some bushings look good until you realise one end and then the arm is flopping about

Anything could be culprit even bushes at the outboard hub end.

Anything available here ?

Strongflex UK Home
they have nothing w211 its a comman issue. finding coilovers with a track record was hard enough
what do you mean by the phrase out bound??
would it be difficult to see these with non intrusive inspection? the back discs have not been off yet

just found this and its no wonder nobody could see these top hub bushes they are directly over the drive shaft

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom