W211 e55 beautiful

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I must be one of the few who thinks Silver or black is the perfect colour for a W211 :D

I must be one of the few who thinks Silver or black is the perfect colour for a W211 :D
I think silver is a great colour for a W211 - iconic all most - but it’s good too see an E55K with a bit of colour, I bet when it’s polished up in the sunshine it really pops.

Well, probably not going by the majority of people who bought these cars in the first place! :thumb:

I don’t dislike the colour red, but it’s a bit marmite for a Mercedes and I’m not sure given the choice it’s a colour I would choose. Silver/black suits most MBs quite well and is popular for resale too. Sure it’s nice that it’s different but it depends on what floats your boat I guess.

Having said that, I’m just not sure there’s that many buyers out there looking to pay £9.5k for a saloon in red with that sort of mileage going off the various wanted adverts/newbie buyers threads I’ve seen.

Someone will like it I’m sure but unless it’s in absolutely A1 condition I reckon the seller will have to work on the price a bit :)

I liked mine in TG and I do like only Cubanite silver for the silver possibilities but black is numero uno for me!

Reactions: Abb
I liked mine in TG and I do like only Cubanite silver for the silver possibilities but black is numero uno for me!
silver is still my favourite colour as it looks great with a contrasting pana roof, also never looks dirty even when it is!

Black is my least fav as you wash it and one drive in rain and it looks filthy!

i do like tanazanite, but never seen the 805 spec in that, the red for sale now is the only i have ever seen in that colour,, telerium silver (bluey silver) i have only seen one in too.

I had an 805 211 estate in Tanzanite, but I've never seen another. Black is not for me. The estates look sleeker than the saloons, and a Tanzanite estate is the bee's knees, though a deep burgundy red is probably second best. I had two 211 estates in Brilliant Silver and they looked good too, though I'm generally not keen on silver.

Then again, the SLK is black, but the two-tone interior makes all the difference, and the ML500 I've just bought is silver, but somehow, with the AMG kit and the slightly gaudy/Marmite interior (you choose...) it looks right.

(So I don't like black, and I don't much like silver, but when the dust clears, I'll be left, from choice, with a silver ML and a black SLK. I guess I'm confused...)

Well it is a great car,I like the colour,but as you know big mileage scares me,I wonder how many red W211's there are about,I have never seen another and that just might get the owner somewhere near his asking price.

If the car above had been silver or black the asking price could easily be under £8k going on mileage alone.
So there is a big mark up on the colour and it only take one person to like it, negotiate a little off it and its sold.

As for the colour black. I was adamant I wanted nothing to do with another black car.
What did I buy..............a black car.:doh:, but I was more driven on the light grey interior.
It's going to be hard work to keep looking good, but when its been washed and polished, it looks great.

Silver always seems to suit a Merc. When I was originally looking for my estate back in 2010, I saw several cars and didn't particularly want silver as my outgoing Jag was silver, but it really came down to finding the best car. Even then finding 211 estates wasn't easy. Black was definitely not for me although I did view one and like I said would have bought that car if it was the 'right' car. I viewed 2 silver, one black, one tanzanite and another in tealite. Overall the colour I liked best out of those was tanzanite, followed by silver.

I think that red car with the two tone interior really suits it and is unusual, but in a good way. Almost designo. Always nice to have something that bit different I reckon.

I do like regular silvers on other models - I think silver on the E55 was done to death for me which accounts for not being keen.

I like most of the rarer colours like Tanzanite and this red colour.

Personally John I think your 55 was the Best colour of all, Followed by my Malenite Black 55, I can’t stand Silver cars but sometimes you don’t have much choice of anything else especially where Merc’s are concerned.

I dont mind what colour a car is as long as its not too outlandish - I like the red - i saw a CLS55 which was like maroon metallic flecked paint - fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom