W211 E55 brake calipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
Does anyone have any pictures of the mounting points on the front calipers from the E55 AMG? Also, are the calipers any different to the w211 E63 calipers?

Thanks.

Thanks Minty. Do they mount on both sides? Could you measure the distance between the holes if you don't mind please?

To answer above, looking at a possible project to see if they will fit another car.

only got a tape measure here so possibly not accurate, the distance between bolt centres looks to be 112mm , i have taken a few more pictures , there is a separate mounting bolted to the calipers , th a.jpg e pics might explain better.

the calipers are new bought from Mercedes and were about £500 each.

Thanks Minty, really appreciate your time. Now to speak to some fabricators!

Awesome, thank you. Do you know if you can get the brackets separately?

i dont know, the new calipers came with them on, the pictures i have posted the new caliper is for an E55 AMG , the old caliper is from an sl55 amg , the main caliper body is slightly different but the mounting hole position and size is the same. if you need any accurate measurements let me know.

Thanks again. I think I need to find a pair now to see about getting them mocked up, as they may not fit when assembled. Just need to find a cheap set as I don't want to be left with calipers I can't use. I also need to see if they will suit a 374mm disc as I know the standard size is 360mm. Disc thickness is fine as they use a 36mm thick disc, same as the car I want to fit them too.

i can loan you the old caliper if thats any use to you , would need it back as i have a use for it , it weighs about 5kg so not sure of postage costs.

i can loan you the old caliper if thats any use to you , would need it back as i have a use for it , it weighs about 5kg so not sure of postage costs.

That is a hugely kind offer of you, thank you. Let me see if I can line a few ducks up and I may very well take you up on offer. Very much appreciated regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom