W211 E55 brake calipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you haven’t done the calls it is worth checking piston area between the old and new calipers if you want to retain pedal feel. Larger pistons will increase pedal travel.

Do also think about bias too, lots of people end up shifting rearwards and not realising it (I have done so in the past myself).

If you haven’t done the calls it is worth checking piston area between the old and new calipers if you want to retain pedal feel. Larger pistons will increase pedal travel.

Do also think about bias too, lots of people end up shifting rearwards and not realising it (I have done so in the past myself).

Yeah that is what I have been trying to look into today. The car currently has 2 pistons on each front caliper but these are quite big.

Does anyone know what the piston area is for the 8 pot E55 calipers? I haven't been able to find the information out despite using my googlefu.

May I ask you to update us with measurements of fitting points please
Thanks in advance guys

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

The bolts holes center to center is exactly 11cm and as above the knuckles are the same too.

Attachments

• 20190504_205853.jpg
    20190504_205853.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
The C63 and W212 E63 front calipers on the other hand wont fit as they are 13cm center bolt holes apart.

Attachments

• 20191221_115503.jpg
    20191221_115503.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
The overall size between the earlier 8 pots and 6 pots is the same, but I like the look of 8 pots. Not sure why they changed?

is this still available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom