W211 E55 brake wear sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
How many brake wear sensors does the w211 E55 have?

All MB models I have ever looked at had one front and one rear.

How many brake wear sensors does the w211 E55 have?

There's definitely two on the front - and they have different part numbers for the N/S and O/S.

Not sure on the back though - would need to check :)

There's definitely two on the front - and they have different part numbers for the N/S and O/S.

Not sure on the back though - would need to check :)

Mine only has one on the o/s/f Will:D

Just double checked EPC, some do have two on front.

A2115400717 Front Left
A2115401717 Front Right

A2115401717 Rear Right

Just double checked EPC, some do have two on front.

A2115400717 Front Left
A2115401717 Front Right

A2115401717 Rear Right

You are correct. Some do, some don't:D
Mr Dog, you are going to have to take a look behind each caliper and check.

Thanks guys. Bugger. Wheel off job then. I should have looked when it was in the air at MSL.

You are correct. Some do, some don't:D
Mr Dog, you are going to have to take a look behind each caliper and check.

Both of mine have had them fitted - not sure why yours doesn't Roger?

Thanks guys. Bugger. Wheel off job then. I should have looked when it was in the air at MSL.

You should just be able to see without taking the wheels off - maybe use your phone camera or a small torch, it's just above the top pin fitted to the rear pad :)

To be honest though, the wear sensors would be the least of my worries - they're only a few quid from MB (you can reuse them if the pads aren't worn through). Make sure you've got some new pins on standby, and allow much more time than you expect - the calipers tend to be in quite poor condition these days and often corrosion causes headaches on what should be a simple job :eek:

Both of mine have had them fitted - not sure why yours doesn't Roger?

Unless I went to sleep and missed it, I was watching my indy do the job.

I'm going to take a look in the morning and confirm either way.

If I do have two, I'll hold my hands up and surrender:doh:

I'm paying an indie to do it. I don't trust the SBC to not take my fingers off!

Be prepared as Will mentioned, for corrosion on the calipers where the pads sit.
Two different metals is asking for trouble. One of mine was quite bad and a new caliper is circa £400+:wallbash:

SBC is no concern, you can easily unplug the pump if you want to be sure :)

That side of the job isn't any hassle - the physical condition of your calipers would be the worry! :eek:

The front discs and pads were done recently so should hopefully be ok. As I need to replace the rears I thought I might as well put better pads in the front as well. Hopefully no corrosion.

Wrt to the SBC pump disconnecting, will it need any bleeding etc? Obviously to push the pistons back I know that the brake fluid reservoir needs to be open.

Tbh though I was going to get the indie to do a fluid change as well as I do not know when it was last done.

Wrt to the SBC pump disconnecting, will it need any bleeding etc? Obviously to push the pistons back I know that the brake fluid reservoir needs to be open.

No bleeding necessary doing it that way. No longer do you have to open the bleed nipples and let air in.

Hmmm, I may consider this myself then. and then just get the garage to do the fluid change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom