W211 E55/E220 Exhaust query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevlaar

Car
'04 W211 E220 Cdi
Hey all,

I have recently bought a 2004 W211 E220 Cdi, and have plans to swap bumpers etc to AMG bumpers along with other mods.

My question is, does anyone know if the standard E55 twin backboxes would fit to the E220 platform? I'd have custom downpipe and center pipes fitted and adapted to the AMG backboxes, but need to know if there is even enough space for the backboxes. I've had a look and it looks like there's a decent amount of space on either side of the spare wheel well.

I'm guessing the easier route would be to get an aftermarket setup with AMG tips.

I'm also aware that some of the purists won't approve of the AMG-rep-mobile :p

One question, why, oh why? Although that's sort of two.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

One question, why, oh why? Although that's sort of two.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quite simply put, I want the AMG look, but wouldn't be able to afford to buy/run/maintain/insure an E55 right now. As I said, many purists would spit at an AMG rep, let alone a diesel rep but hey ho it's my car at the end of the day, and it's not as if I'll be parading the car around as a genuine AMG, I'm very much against fake badges.

The 220 cdi has only one tail pipe, all other engine options came with twin exhaust silencers. The will be space behind the bumper to fit the extra silencer and the locating bolts for the brackets will also be there. It should be fairly straight forward to fit the silencer.

The 220 cdi has only one tail pipe, all other engine options came with twin exhaust silencers. The will be space behind the bumper to fit the extra silencer and the locating bolts for the brackets will also be there. It should be fairly straight forward to fit the silencer.

Cheers shorty, good to have a couple options open :thumb:

Nothing wrong with the look, so long you're not badging it up.

I have a full E55 kit (bumpers & skirts) off my brilliant silver car if you're looking for one.

Nothing wrong with the look, so long you're not badging it up.

I have a full E55 kit (bumpers & skirts) off my brilliant silver car if you're looking for one.

I'd 100% love to buddy, but got a wedding to pay for in a years time. Don't think there'd be a wedding if I bought the kit, if you know what I mean :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom