W211 E55 Exhaust on a E500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark_le_b

Car
2006 W211 E63 AMG
Afternoon

Does anybody know if the back boxes from an E55 will fit an E500?

Is the whole exhaust pretty similar in shape/dimensions so these can be welded on - I assume with some adjustment to rear valance

Thanks

Good question.:D The only thing I would wonder about is whether the 55k exhaust is the same diameter as the 500.
A decent fitter/fabricator could get over that and any exhaust hangers that need moving.

The 55k exhaust can be unbolted close to the diff region so should fit without much welding. The apeture for the twin tailpipes each side may need to be enlarged as well.

Good question.:D The only thing I would wonder about is whether the 55k exhaust is the same diameter as the 500.
A decent fitter/fabricator could get over that and any exhaust hangers that need moving.

The 55k exhaust can be unbolted close to the diff region so should fit without much welding. The apeture for the twin tailpipes each side may need to be enlarged as well.
It was diameter I was worried about
I did think the 55 may be larger - but no idea......was hoping it would be an easy swap and guess would make a nicer noise :)

^ A different diameter wouldn't trouble a decent exhaust fabricator.
No idea how you are fixed for those in Jersey.

E55 mufflers are very well padded and are pretty quiet. That is why lots of owners, including me, have the cats and resonator removed to open the sound up a bit.
I would look for C63/CLS63/E63/CLS55 rear boxes and just cut the exhaust hangers off and weld on new ones. Much better sound from all those boxes than the E55.
Trouble is, they don't come up for sale that often.

Last edited:
Is Jersey like Guernsey with a 30 mph speed limit covering the whole island?

^ A different diameter wouldn't trouble a decent exhaust fabricator.
No idea how you are fixed for those in Jersey.

E55 mufflers are very well padded and are pretty quiet. That is why lots of owners, including me, have the cats and resonator removed to open the sound up a bit.
I would look for C63/CLS63/E63/CLS55 rear boxes and just cut the exhaust hangers off and weld on new ones. Much better sound from all those boxes than the E55.
Trouble is, they don't come up for sale that often.
couple of C63 sets on e bay if they'll fit

couple of C63 sets on e bay if they'll fit

Alps has fitted C63 boxes to his E55. I don't see why it can't be done on an E500. As mentioned previously, you do have to have the hangers cut off and rewelded to suit the W211 fixing points.

Send Alps a PM and ask his opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom