W211 E55 exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55jay

Car
E55k Amg gone! C63 Amg landed :-)
Right I'm after some advice and thoughts on what people have done to there e55 exhausts?? I have mine booked in to be done and I'm not sure what to do with the rear boxes? I am looking for a bit more sound from the v8!! :D
So what have you lot done with yours?? And what do you reckon the best route to go is?

Take of the resonater and replace with X pipe then add c63 rear boxes , and kleemann headers if you want

Remove secondary cats and replace with an X Pipe, remove centrally located resonator box and replace with straight through pipes.

If the above is not loud enough then gut your back boxes or replace them with C63 boxes, or as an alternative CLS55 boxes.....

Enjoy the noise......

Jules.

Both the above suggestions work. You bought Tony's 55 didn't you Jay?
I went up with him from Southampton to MSL in 2014 when I got my E55 exhaust sorted.
Imran did a good job on mine removing the secondary cats and resonator and fitting a x-pipe. Ill be honest and say I could do with a bit more volume, so C63/CLS63 boxes would be my next move.
Headers with the above set up would be just a bit too much I think.

I think you know what I did to mine? Talked to a few people about it. C63 rear boxes, Centre muffler deleted and replaced with X pipe and 3 inch stainless tig welded all the way back from secondary cats back. I uploaded a video to you tube of the sound.

Yes I have Tony's old car.... I have watched so many YouTube videos trying to workout what's best to do :confused: I only use it at the weekends if that so I'm happy for it to make some noise :D

I think you know what I did to mine? Talked to a few people about it. C63 rear boxes, Centre muffler deleted and replaced with X pipe and 3 inch stainless tig welded all the way back from secondary cats back. I uploaded a video to you tube of the sound.

I like the sound of yours and have found some c63 boxes. But I also found a video of with the 55 boxes gutted but don't want to go to far??
I have till next Friday to work out what I want doing? At this rate I will just go for straight pipes :eek:

Both the above suggestions work. You bought Tony's 55 didn't you Jay?
I went up with him from Southampton to MSL in 2014 when I got my E55 exhaust sorted.
Imran did a good job on mine removing the secondary cats and resonator and fitting a x-pipe. Ill be honest and say I could do with a bit more volume, so C63/CLS63 boxes would be my next move.
Headers with the above set up would be just a bit too much I think.

Do you have a sound clip of yours??

c63 boxes - job done

wouldn't even bother with the secondary removal - see how you like the sound first

Since then I have removed the Secondary cats, sounds even better now.:thumb:

Since then I have removed the Secondary cats, sounds even better now.:thumb:

I bet it does, I was too nervous to do it. I assume it has caused no problems with codes or anything?

I'd say the same, C63 or Cls55 back boxes is the biggest difference, from what i have heard in the flesh, & on youtube. I will be looking for C63 back boxes, or potentially cls55 boxes in the near future. I have Kleemann Headers, and we straight piped the resonator, so i have secondary cats. Like yourself, i don't mind it making some more noise.

I bet it does, I was too nervous to do it. I assume it has caused no problems with codes or anything?

Never had codes on mine from having no secondary cats.

Some comparisons (best auditioned with a good 2.1 system or better!):

[YOUTUBE]2XvEKoZaRss[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]5GLmx5PZuZw[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]YpCz5t5ZoTw[/YOUTUBE]

I'd say the same, C63 or Cls55 back boxes is the biggest difference, from what i have heard in the flesh, & on youtube. I will be looking for C63 back boxes, or potentially cls55 boxes in the near future. I have Kleemann Headers, and we straight piped the resonator, so i have secondary cats. Like yourself, i don't mind it making some more noise.

I have the same on my SLK55, Kleemann headers, down pipes but I've got X-piped res instead of straight, still have secondaries and it sounds so loud, anymore and it will sound too loud I think, maybe even chavvy!!! :O

Maybe it's because I have a panty dropper, lol but more than happy with the noise.
Here are a few clips;
http://youtu.be/_N7NBpIIrX4
http://youtu.be/II-8PbB244I
http://youtu.be/YKpB1Az538M

AMGeed said:
^ That sounds just perfect. It's those Kleemann header that do it!

Definitely mate, those Kleemann engine headers are great, love'em!

I'm not a big fan of very loud cars, prefer quality over quantity - you have to have a good balance, it's an MB, not a Nova!

I'm tempted to remove the stuffing out of the rear boxes?

No problems with any codes, at the same time fitted a quaife diff, smaller pulley and a remap. Quite quick now.;) How do you find your new car compared to an E55?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom