• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W211 E55 for 7.5k

Just checked its history on Total Car Check and there are a lot of advisories and the front disc issue hasn't been sorted out since the 2020 MoT.

It's a personal taste thing but I do not like that they have replaced the front grill with one that would not have been on a W211. £7500 seems to be very cheap for an E55 so I presume there would be a fair amount of work to be done on it.

I was looking at that today as I check for an E55AMG every day and it made me think, will the w211 E55AMG ever be like the W124 500e? If so, we will look back and say why o why didn’t I buy one when you could pick up a good one for £10k!

I’ve heard, back in the day, you could get an e30 M3 for around £5k….. look at the prices of an e30 M3 now!

I’ve never owned an E55AMG but it’s a car I’ve been looking to buy for the past 7+ years as I would love to own one, I just haven’t found one in the colour I want.

IMO the E55AMG is one of the best E classes Mercedes has made. 20+ years later and this cars still upset some very expensive cars.

Seems the blokes got another E55 for sale and somehow this one’s just as bad looking, if not worse. 😂

E55s are great cars tho! The m113k engine is built like no other. My dads had his E55 for 12 years now nearly, lovely motor.

I was looking at that today as I check for an E55AMG every day and it made me think, will the w211 E55AMG ever be like the W124 500e? If so, we will look back and say why o why didn’t I buy one when you could pick up a good one for £10k!

I’ve heard, back in the day, you could get an e30 M3 for around £5k….. look at the prices of an e30 M3 now!

I’ve never owned an E55AMG but it’s a car I’ve been looking to buy for the past 7+ years as I would love to own one, I just haven’t found one in the colour I want.

IMO the E55AMG is one of the best E classes Mercedes has made. 20+ years later and this cars still upset some very expensive cars.
Unlikely that an E55 or E63 will achieve the value of the W124 500e. The 500E was a Porsche Stuttgart designed and manufactured thing, built using a heavily modified W124 shell. The first high performance saloon, give or take the 300SEL 6.3 from 1968-72. These were very low volume production things which are valued for that unique history

Rest assured that the ten year old BMW E30 M3 that could be bought for £5k is nothing like the E30 M3's you see now. It's rarity, survival and condition. With 250,000 miles on the clock, they'll be worth £60k only if someone has spent a huge amount of money repairing, renovating and respraying it over the last 35 years. (M3's were never owned by Little Old Ladies who only used them to go to Church on Sundays)

The good news: the E55 is a great car and it's a bargain for anyone, like yourself, prepared to fettle.

The right colour? Well, like tall, fit good looking wealthy men without wives and children, with a good sense of humour and a sympathetic outlook..... they are out there. But there are a lot of women still waiting.

In the meantime, it'll be more realistic to buy silver until a better one comes along.

Well, like tall, fit good looking wealthy men without wives and children, with a good sense of humour and a sympathetic outlook..... they are out there. But there are a lot of women still waiting.
In the meantime, it'll be more realistic to buy silver until a better one comes along.

Send a few round to me, would you? I fit the description...

Well, most of it...

Well, some of it...

Well, I'm tall and a man, anyway...

And I have silver-ish hair too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom