W211 E55 fuel pumps query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kalvin928

Car
S205 C63s , Lotus Carlton replica, CLK 200 Kompressor
Hi All
was just reading back through some correspondence with Savman and its only now I observed one of his comments; in that as my car has done 80,000 miles that I should consider replacing the 2 x pumps. I have no idea if these were done previously but gather its more of a precaution? I hasten to add I don't have any problems but is this something to consider now due to mileage? is the part numbers the same for both units (gather they will be?)

Mercedes Benz A 2114701494 Fuel Pump W211

Thanks

290k on my car and still original pumps only thing I've replaced is pipes and seals. Not sure why 80k would mean new pumps needed.

Hey Kalvin, i changed mine last year because of fuelling issues at high revs found this out at the first Dyno day.

i wouldnt waste your money if the car is running fine, circa £700-800 for the pair, and they are both different part numbers, just added all the part numbers to the original thread.

Alps Fuel pump replacement

Hey Kalvin, i changed mine last year because of fuelling issues at high revs found this out at the first Dyno day.

i wouldnt waste your money if the car is running fine, circa £700-800 for the pair, and they are both different part numbers, just added all the part numbers to the original thread.

Alps Fuel pump replacement

hi Alps just saw your update... when car goes in next ill get them to have a look just for precaution as you have mentioned in you blog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom