W211 E55 full decat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benji1987

Car
W211 E55 AMG
hello all
I’m looking at getting the 4 cats removed along with the centre box
However I’m slightly worried about it putting an engine light on with the back sensors not getting the correct readings. Has anyone else done the same? Did you get a light on? How did you overcome it?
Thanks

Its illegal and wont pass an MOT, why not just an X-Pipe and a secondary de-cat?

I had this done on mine and mine sounds great IMO:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’m aware that it is illegal but will be done in a way I can swap it back as when I need to.
I’m just wondering if anyone has issue with the engine light on after

You will need to code out the post-cat lambda sensors. Keep the pre-cat in, they are used for closed loop feedback.

Removing the resonator will result in drone. You will need an H- or X-pipe in there instead.

Find a friendly MOT station and forget about swapping the cats. Design perspective aside (how?), it will be highly impractical.

hello all
However I’m slightly worried about it putting an engine light on with the back sensors not getting the correct readings. Has anyone else done the same? Did you get a light on? How did you overcome it?
Thanks
Hi mine was fully decatted... sounded raw and loud. The sensor warning was coded out. Be wary if you open windows on motorway; fumes do hit you!!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Or, remove primary cats and resonators. Replace second cats for sport equivalents. I did, sounds amazing... very little drone..

Can any competent mapper code out the fault code if I remove the back sensors?
I’ve seen an adaptor which pulls the sensor out of the exhaust enough for the light to supposedly stay out. Would that work? Seems unlikely with how temperamental these cars are!

hello all
Thanks

If you do a bit of research you'll find the first thing you should do with an E is swap the back boxes for CLS or C63 ones, you can cannibalise the rest of the system as much as you like but you won't get the results you're hoping for as the back boxes will still swallow most of the sound.

If you're aiming for just plain sad noise levels, rip the lot off :)

Does it take much to fit the rear silencers off a c63 or cls? Direct fit or is there fab work required?

I don’t want masses of noise....just some noise. The E is so quiet!

You need to weld a new hanger to each box if you fit C63 boxes. Not sure on CLS ones.
Have you given any thought to fitting long tube headers + 200cell cats, remove the secondary cats and resonator?
You'll have no problem hearing the car then:D

I would love to do that but funds will never permit me to spend nearly 1k on headers plus ££££on sports cats and exhaust systems....having a mortgage etc as I’m sure most will appreciate sucks when it comes to freeing up cash lol
I just want noise! Not mental blow your ear drums loud.... just loud

I think I’ll just get the centre and secondary cats removed and a x pipe put in place...
Seems daft leaving the primary cats in but if it’s going to cause me issues trying to find someone to code out the back sensors they will have to stay

[QUOTE="Benji1987, post: 2629671, member: 137234"

I think I’ll just get the centre and secondary cats removed and a x pipe put in place...
[/QUOTE]

That is what I did. Sounds a little louder on start up but much better on acceleration.

It’s vwry easy to code out the post Cat 02 sensors using star developer mode, I done mine this way

I currently have Kleemann headers, x pipe and C63 back boxes this combo is seriously loud the c63 boxes are like megaphones before this set up I had the Kleemann headers, x pipe and factory rear boxes this was the best all round day to day sound but my E55 isn’t a daily so didn’t mind making it nascar loud

If you remove all the cats you will surely fail the MOT

If you remove all the cats you will surely fail the MOT
You are right... mine was decatted but passed... having said that in present climate i would put a pair back in.. its easy to notice now as the fumes and especially with the hot weather; its no fun with windows down on motorway.... and id be more wary now of such a mod..... ar now sold so now not my concern. C63 back boxes, x pipe and headers are more than enough... im surprisingly content with just resonator delete on e63

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom