W211 E55 full decat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On my E55
Kleemann mids, Primary and secondary’s are gone, binned the resonator for a xpipe, changed the mahooooooosive rear boxes for power flow boxes, had rear Amg end pipes welded back on to look stock...... sounds like the devil himself... my weekend car so not bothered who it annoys, certainly doesn’t annoy me.... i love it

Out of interest, what's the going rate for centre boxes delete with an x pipe on a 55?

I have had the 4x cats and resonator removed so just the e55 backboxs left and no engine warning light has come on and no drone, it sounds really good when you plant it aswell.

Out of interest, what's the going rate for centre boxes delete with an x pipe on a 55?

Around £450 with resonator removed as well.
It may well be cheaper elsewhere but thats a ballpark figure from where I had mine done.

Around £450 with resonator removed as well.
It may well be cheaper elsewhere but thats a ballpark figure from where I had mine done.

Wow!

Blimey that's expensive for an X pipe......

I agree. £495 for that x-pipe is very expensive. Burns Stainless or BTB for the same money every time.

Today i had a secondary CAT delete and xpipe installed on my SL500, i know the SL exhaust is a different standard setup (2.25" pipe) but it only cost £180 at Longlife in Watford. Surely an E55 isn't going to cost a lot more.

Today i had a secondary CAT delete and xpipe installed on my SL500, i know the SL exhaust is a different standard setup (2.25" pipe) but it only cost £180 at Longlife in Watford. Surely an E55 isn't going to cost a lot more.

The exhaust itself isn’t much different (apart from the diameter as you said) as it’s still a V8. Labour times will be the same.

What adds to the cost is components and process used. Local or US hand made and TIG’ed pieces tend to be of much higher quality (and cost) than mass produced, pressed X-pipe halves glued together using a much quicker and dirtier MIG technology, especially if they happened to be made in the Far East.

Same applies to the process. In situ cut and MIG weld (hopefully in argon environment) will be quicker and cheaper than removal of a complete section, cutting, cleaning, ensuring a 100% perfect fitment and TIG welding with full heat control taking your time and inspecting to make sure there are no pinholes or weak, poorly welded spots that would eventually crack.

One can argue that there’s hardly any difference in the end result sound wise but as with everything, a quality made X-pipe with correct airflow through it adds to the performance which is the main reason sports cars are having one.

On my E55
Kleemann mids, Primary and secondary’s are gone, binned the resonator for a xpipe, changed the mahooooooosive rear boxes for power flow boxes, had rear Amg end pipes welded back on to look stock...... sounds like the devil himself... my weekend car so not bothered who it annoys, certainly doesn’t annoy me.... i love it[/QUOTE

What’s the actual sound like with the power flow rear silencers? Does it get the proper Bark of the Amg as whenever I’ve seen any car with power flow silencers they all seem to sound the same?

That does sound good! Has changed my opinion of them.

I just want the Bark it’s supposed to have!

hello all
I’m looking at getting the 4 cats removed along with the centre box
However I’m slightly worried about it putting an engine light on with the back sensors not getting the correct readings. Has anyone else done the same? Did you get a light on? How did you overcome it?
Thanks

I have no issue with people wishing to modify a car etc in some ways but I do find it interesting that people are happy to carry out a modification that is not only illegal but will add to the overall pollution burden just because they want a noisier exhaust system. Hopefully the new MOT regulations will start to be applied with more consistency

I have no issue with people wishing to modify a car etc in some ways but I do find it interesting that people are happy to carry out a modification that is not only illegal but will add to the overall pollution burden just because they want a noisier exhaust system. Hopefully the new MOT regulations will start to be applied with more consistency

What's a 'some ways' modification? Noise aside (never been a fan myself) but having no cats helps the performance. Pollution? Not a daily driver.

What's a 'some ways' modification? Noise aside (never been a fan myself) but having no cats helps the performance. Pollution? Not a daily driver.

It helps to quote in context "I have no issue with people wishing to modify a car etc in some ways" i.e. wheels, body kits, colour ,suspension etc if that makes it clearer for you.

So you are saying that adding to the pollution levels of the World is perfectly acceptable if you want to do it to gain extra performance that is the only justification you need daily driver or not?

Many people do not like rules / laws etc, it is in our nature to a point but on the whole they are only there to protect society from those who sometimes have a less holistic view of their actions and impact on others. It does seem to be a relatively common attitude on car Forums that "it is my car and I can do whatever I want"

It helps to quote in context "I have no issue with people wishing to modify a car etc in some ways" i.e. wheels, body kits, colour ,suspension etc if that makes it clearer for you.

What you have "no issues with" don't qualify for modifications in my world. Colour and bodykits are discussed here.

So you are saying that adding to the pollution levels of the World is perfectly acceptable if you want to do it to gain extra performance that is the only justification you need daily driver or not?
Many people do not like rules / laws etc, it is in our nature to a point but on the whole they are only there to protect society from those who sometimes have a less holistic view of their actions and impact on others. It does seem to be a relatively common attitude on car Forums that "it is my car and I can do whatever I want"

That sounds like some tree hugging, libtard garbage that belongs in the "Off-Topic", not "Performance Lounge" of a car forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom