W211 E55 Level/Ride Height Setting/Calibration After Suspension Work ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pmcgsmurf

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55 AMG W211, E250 Sport W212, (and some Imps)
After all the major suspension work on the rear of the E55 I noticed that the rear was sitting a good couple of inches lower than the front.

I've levelled this up via Star but I'm unsure on the exact ride height.

The local alignment expert has advised that he needs it level (or there about) before he can setup the rear wheels.

What's everyone's advice?

I'm considering just asking MB Edinburgh to take it in and pay to have it levelled as I'd like to make sure it is spot on.

I'm considering just asking MB Edinburgh to take it in and pay to have it levelled as I'd like to make sure it is spot on.
Well worth it Pat, especially considering all your effort, it’s worth making sure it’s perfect.

Ask someone with a standard e55 to measure the ride height of there car for you?

Good idea, finding a standard one might be a problem though. ;)

I'll ask the main dealer for a price, wont do any harm.

Mine is standard Pat :) which setting do you want measured?

Last edited:
Thanks, any would do.

May I suggest no lights on the centre console "sport suspension" switch and the carxraise of too?

Measurement from the bottom centre of wheel arch to bottom of the rim (18") on the 4 corners would be great. ^

That would let me check how close mine is to standard after I've raised the back end.

Big thanks. ^^

Thanks, any would do.

May I suggest no lights on the centre console "sport suspension" switch and the car raise off too?

Measurement from the bottom centre of wheel arch to bottom of the rim (18") on the 4 corners would be great. ^

That would let me check how close mine is to standard after I've raised the back end.

Big thanks. ^^

Hi Pat, OK Measured with no lights on centre consul standard setting front 60.5cm Rear 59.5cm near as damit
hope this helps, Dave

Cheers folks.

Give me a bit, at Eagles, Take it Easy.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom