W211 E55 Light options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benji1987

Car
W211 E55 AMG
Hello

I have the standard zenon auto headligths which are great......BUT the yellow side lights and fog lights irritate me!
A friend of mine has a W211 and is struggling to find side lights that will work (led or white)
number plate bulbs and fog light bulbs that are error free.

I thought id ask what everyone else has used that works fine as I don't want to throw money like him at all sorts of different bulbs!

thanks
sorry for creating a new post which is probably well discussed but I need to get my thread post count up to buy things on for sale section pm people etc.

Hi. When I had mine I bought some decent Canbus LEDs from HIDS4u. I tried the cheap ones first off eBay & they didn’t last. If I remember the sidelights were pretty standard fit. The fogs weren’t what it says in the handbook. I’d advise getting under & taking one out & then order the right ones. Easy to do - a cover unscrews by memory on the bottom of the bumper.

Nige

canbus LED bulbs 501

i had a number of them, very hard to find white as most have a blue tinge to them, also the standard xenon is a bit yellow, so matching becomes difficult.

i changed to whiter xenon bulbs and different LEDs

These have been error free in both my W211 and W209, for a while. Nice and white light. It took me ages to find, but they are actually ERROR FREE!!! :p

Thanks
Abs

These have been error free in both my W211 and W209, for a while. Nice and white light. It took me ages to find, but they are actually ERROR FREE!!! :p

Thanks
Abs

Are they error free when the headlight switch is left in the auto position, with no strobing?

Are they error free when the headlight switch is left in the auto position, with no strobing?

Yes, mine is always on auto in both cars.

I'll second that for the osram cool blue intense bulbs, actually not intense like the name suggests, but they match xenon bulb colour pretty well without looking too blue.
And they are proper bulbs, so no chance of warnings or flickering.

Hello

I have the standard zenon auto headligths which are great......BUT the yellow side lights and fog lights irritate me!
A friend of mine has a W211 and is struggling to find side lights that will work (led or white)
number plate bulbs and fog light bulbs that are error free.

I thought id ask what everyone else has used that works fine as I don't want to throw money like him at all sorts of different bulbs!

thanks
sorry for creating a new post which is probably well discussed but I need to get my thread post count up to buy things on for sale section pm people etc.
Ask you Mercedes-Benz main dealer parts counter for the whiter/bluer sidelight bulbs, they're a much better match for xenon headlamps, and no compatibility issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom