w211 e55 project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
E55
Hello

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out. I have done the bc racing coilover conversion and its great so if anyone would like to ask questions I will answer any you have, ME first :)

e55 rear suspension.jpg
1.Is this wonder full image a w211??
2.What are the two arms called that are located either side of ARB or next to subframe bushes?
3.It would seem their is a secondary drop link?
4.It would seem their is two wet knuckle joints also
5.can these be removed along with ARB with out dropping subframe remember no air res in the way
6.would these arms be difficult to inspect as my garage can not find anything and I want him to strip it all down and take the brakes off and the back plate but he gave me the face. loved it when I got this image out. they really don't like people with half a brain do they.

I ask this because the reason I ripped out the airmatic is because of its imperfections.. 99% of issues are solved.

1 over speed bumps its silent like a new car no creeking
2. Steering is so responsive
3. when the suspension is set to 10clicks back from full hard the drive is the best its every been

ISSUE

1. When I put it on full hard the rear left has a slight issue. its like the suspension has a little more travel when go down 30-40mm drops and it does NOT feel solid like the right hand side it actually feels lose. This tells me its weak bushes somewhere that can not handle the stiff ride but is hanging on when its soft. the wheel also feels un stable when going over these kind of drops (only near side) . I have a list on a previous post about what has been done.

I NOW SUSPECT THESE TWO ARMS, AS THEY HAVE NOT BEEN DONE OR MAYBE THE ANTIROLL BAR IS WEAK, NOT THE LINK AS THAT WAS DONE MONTHS AGO. I HAVE READ THESE ARE INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION SABILITY BARS.. COULD SOMEBODY EXPLAIN WHAT THIS MEANS? ITS IN THE NAME I NO BUT IM A BRICKY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom