W211 E55 ride height - help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrhanky

MB Enthusiast
Car
Superb 3.6 4x4 & W221 S500
Chaps can a couple of you please measure your ride height (floor to bottom of the wing) in comfort and sports1 on the front and rear. Im trying to solve some tyre wear issues and its looking like trim height is the issue.

So if a few people could help out that would be great and I can then gleam an average and compare mine.

I suspect a previous owner may have fiddled with the Star parameters to make the car look lower.

Hi Buddy, mine not a AMG but just thought it would be interesting to compare (for me) anyway lol

My s211 e320 cdi Aventgarde is (less airmatic)

front 150mm, Rear 165mm Garage floor to Floor of the car

Front 655mm, Rear 655mm Garage floor to Centre of Wheel arch ;)

Last edited:
Just measured my E55 from ground to centre of wheel arch is 645mm front and rear on Sport setting and 665 all round on Comfort. I do have lowering links fitted though which should lower by 30mm all round and read higher on Comfort. My figures are probably not much use to you.
Too difficult to get an accurate reading to the cills due to their shape.

Easy to measure the way AMGeed suggested so have up dated my post with both ;)

Be sure to measure both sides as if you park on uneven ground it will have self levelled before you switched off.

If I park at 45 degrees on our sloping drive the car looks like it has severe geometry problems with one wheel buried in the arch and the other with off road capable clearance.

We actually had someone knock on the door once to let us know, like they used to before all cars had a/c :)

Did mine and the front is 665mm the rear is 655mm.

There was no change between comfort and the sport settings, not sure that is correct or not?

Sport I and II are supposed to drop the car 10mm I think.

Will do fella!

Did mine and the front is 665mm the rear is 655mm.

There was no change between comfort and the sport settings, not sure that is correct or not?

Don't know about the E, but comfort is definitely higher on the CLS. Most noticeable because if you lock the doors in comfort it will drop to sport height.

I measured the car today but I don't think the ground is totally level and I got disparate results.

I was going to try when I got home but it was chucking it down.

I will try and park on level ground tomorrow and have another go.

It was easier at my last company as where I parked was perfectly flat.

:crazy:

should be getting my car back on thursday so will be able to measure mine too but i definatly see the car rise in comfort mode and definatly see the drop in sport 1 and 2. also feel the bumps alot more in sport 2 :)

If I remember correctly, Sport I drops 10mm, Sport II drops another 5mm

I am struggling to find flat ground.

The closest thing is my garage I guess - measurements were.

Fronts were 68cm and the rears 67cm.

I think MSL had a go at lowering mine on Star but it was having none of it!

I've considered lowering links but not really got any further with it to be honest - I think in all honesty my lowering days are done!

Thanks chaps, well MSL checked out my suspension and all STAR settings. All was fine,so issues which is good.

Im going to see how the next pair of tyres perform and look at it again if needed. Ive seen some front and rear camber adjusters from across the pond.

I think I had some bolts fitted to mine when getting a full geometry done.

I can't remember whether they were for camber or castor though - I think camber.

I think I had some bolts fitted to mine when getting a full geometry done.

I can't remember whether they were for camber or castor though - I think camber.

Thanks John, my understanding is the bolts do not offer much adjustment. I have 1.5° & 2.5° front and back, so will probably need full adjusting arms I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom