w211 e55 secondary air injection unit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dvb247

Car
AMG e55
Anyone got a secondary air injection unit (part No 0001404285) for my AMG e55 w211, hoping to buy one second hand, the relay has burnt it out apparently!!
Please let me know of any AMG breakers as I don't know any?:thumb:

Hi Mate, have you tried the relay first? mine had the same error a few months into me owning it and colchester MB wanted to replace the whole unit, milton keynes MB where i bought the car from refused to pay colchester for the whole unit and recovered the car from them, after replacing th relay its been fine since, that was over 2 years ago!

Drop BrabusK8 a PM if you need the relay or a 2nd hand unit he should be able to help

Just out of interest, are there any good breakers who might have parts for W211 E55s?

I never needed them (and this may be of use to the BMW people on here), but I found www.fabdirect.com always had a good selection and wondered if there was a similar Mercedes one...?

Thanks Alps, funny you should mention changing the relay, I did order one this morning after thinking about my wifes ML ABS relay which has just gone faulty, it left the ABS unit on even with no key in ignition, so you're right it may be that the diags couldn't start this unit because the relay simply won't trigger? plus if I do need to change the unit the relay should be replaced to so there's no loss.
Thanks again!

btw the location of the relay is in the boot, glad the pain i went through helps someone else :)

You obviously know the score Alps, that's my very next question lol, I have the relay, where does it go? is a quick pic to much to ask, or a good description if poss?

My engine light has now come back on so after fitting the relay do I need the diags to reset it again and see if the engine light appears again a couple of days later?

many thanks!

The more I read the more it's the relay burning out the pump, so I've bought a pump of eBay for £125, will get AMGCheshire to fit it next week, fingers crossed

change the relay first and see how it goes, the pump might still be ok!

the engine light should go out after a few ignition start stops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom