W211 E55k and latest E63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoothcoupe

Car
MERCEDES E55K-2001 AUDI S8-MERCEDES 300CE 24V SPORTLINE
Hi all. I was wondering how would a w211 E55k fair in terms of out and out pace when compared with the latest e63 biturbo. I am considering a brand new E63 biturbo but at the moment just can't get my head around the looks, in my opinion from some angles it doesn't look too bad but from others to me it just looks butt ugly. But on the other hand my just keep the 55 and go down the eurocharged route ie, pulley map headers etc. really don't know. If I change it will be in august. I have test drove the e63 biturbo and it didn't seem an awful lot quicker than the 55. Dilemma ?????:confused:

Well imo it depends on if you can comfortably afford the Biturbo or if it will be a squeeze?

If its affordable then I would go with the Biturbo, its atleast 10 year newer depending on the age of the 55k and in that 10 year technology has come on alot so the Biturbo will be alot better in loads of different ways other than speed.

I would go with the Biturbo if I had the choice, I'm just waiting for the right time to get one too.

Was thinking of a 3year p.c.p ( lease deal) there are some pretty good deals out there at the moment.. But I suppose it's just like borrowing the car with an option to buy it at the end.

How often do you use WOT? That's the only time it would be any quicker.

Driveability is what you'd feel all the time and you can get that with a simple EC flash and no other mods for less than one months payment on that PCP.

How often do you use WOT? That's the only time it would be any quicker.

Driveability is what you'd feel all the time and you can get that with a simple EC flash and no other mods for less than one months payment on that PCP.

+1:thumb: the EC flash makes a big improvement especially at the lower rev range on the 55.

I had a 2002 E55 and loved it. Quick, quiet and comfy and always put a smile on my face when driving it.

I now have an E63 Bi-Turbo and the smile has changed to a grin. So much more refined and, once you start to play with the S & S+ buttons, a whole lot quicker. It seems to ride better, though there again it's got a lot less miles than my old one had on it, and seems generally a better package all round.

Admittedly my new one has a few more toys than the previous one, but it's just so much more driveable (is that a word?) in any situation, and the 30 - 70 acceleration is superb.

Newer is better in car world. Technology, safety, ergonomics, refinement - everything moves forward.

The only question is affordability. You could finance a new bi-turbo over 3 years (£40-50k?) or you could blow your 55 a bit harder with Weistec for a tenner. I'm going with the second option.

What is an ec flash??

If you are interested in a Eurocharged remap feel free to contact us at [email protected] we carry most items in stock and can offer fitting at a number of locations in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom