W211 E63 2007 / 38k Low Miles / Unusual Colour Indium Grey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its probably that metal clamp on the bottom of the wing to top of the Bumper, these car get weak over time and the bumper starts to fall all little.

Easy fix im sure, Has the Performance pack too by the looks.

I'd rather add a few grand more and get a newer and more modern W212.
(With a biturbo too;):D)

Love the colour.

Very similar to my preferred E39 5 Series colour:

$_86.JPG

20049711-1-medium.jpg

I love that colour too, but for some reason it just doesn't do anything for that car and I'm not sure why. I nearly ordered my new Vito van in Indium, but plumped for Dolomite Brown instead which I really love too.

That looks like one of those colours that looks great at first glance but not necessarily something you’d actually buy yourself; I don’t know if I could look at that every morning...

bonnet and front bumper badly misaligned

Quite. It's akin to a mussel that hasn't opened properly and that I'm never sure whether to risk eating it.

Its probably that metal clamp on the bottom of the wing to top of the Bumper, these car get weak over time and the bumper starts to fall all little.

Easy fix im sure, Has the Performance pack too by the looks.

I've seen quite a few 211s like this but the headlights and sidelights always seem to have dropped or look a bit pissed (look at the gap between the OS light and the bonnet for instance).

Would that metal clamp cause that as I would think the lights are separate...

It always looks to me like the car has had a smack at the front at some time and it's really difficult to get all that to line up again.

Yep that strip can, Also there is a plastic tab on the top corner of the front bumper that pulls the wing inline.

In the Haynes book of lies it gives you the Panel gap measurements so you can adjust it correctly.

Went up to £11,000, reserve not made.

Love it :thumb: The only fly in the ointment for me are the shark gill vents on the sides of the front bumper ...styling overkill IMO, although they may well serve a purpose.

Interesting car, but Marmite colour. Is it discreet, or not ?

I wouldn't trust the £11k number per se. That could have been the Auctioneer's invention.

If someone's interested, they might get it for even less. This is a bad time to be selling at auction.

But, as ever, service records, provenance etc on an AMG.... They're not used to drive to Church on Sundays, especially now that there is NO Church on Sundays any more...

You'd probably want an estate these days to fit in all those toilet rolls

It’s been for sale on AT for ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom