w211 e63 best one for sale humm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The finest AMG engine "M156" debate continues...................

You love a 500, you should get the 63 with the 156, you can then have the docile drive the 500 gives but then have the hooligan side. But you probably don't want that as you've have had that amazing 157.
It's not just the 500, it's the M113 I like, for its bombproof reliability as much as anything. An Airmatic W211 is just such a nice place to be, and so nice to drive when it's mechanically in good fettle. Mine is all sorted now, and in my experience the 500 Elegance on 18" wheels is the sweet spot of the V8s (though I've never driven a 5.5); excellent ride, and more than enough power in the real world. I'd be happy with a 113K, but I fear my driving licence wouldn't; I can resist anything but temptation...

The M156, like the M113K, has far more power than a daily driver really needs, and again, would endanger my driving licence too much to risk it. Another M157 I don't want to take a chance on, just in case the same thing happened again as with mine. Been there, done that, cost me an armannaleg...

The (Celtic Tuning) remapped M113 SLK doesn't feel as quick as I remember my E55Ks were, but the published performance figures show the stock car is only a fraction slower off the line than the E, and (traction permitting) the extra 8% power and 12% torque from the remap should eliminate the difference. It lunges forward, bellowing, at full chat; it caters very well for the hooligan side...

I drive my e55k quite sedately in standard form they dont entice you to put foot down as much as you'd think.

The problem i find if you do use Kickdown you can get carried away and it there lol

It's not just the 500, it's the M113 I like, for its bombproof reliability as much as anything. An Airmatic W211 is just such a nice place to be, and so nice to drive when it's mechanically in good fettle. Mine is all sorted now, and in my experience the 500 Elegance on 18" wheels is the sweet spot of the V8s (though I've never driven a 5.5); excellent ride, and more than enough power in the real world. I'd be happy with a 113K, but I fear my driving licence wouldn't; I can resist anything but temptation...

The M156, like the M113K, has far more power than a daily driver really needs, and again, would endanger my driving licence too much to risk it. Another M157 I don't want to take a chance on, just in case the same thing happened again as with mine. Been there, done that, cost me an armannaleg...

The (Celtic Tuning) remapped M113 SLK doesn't feel as quick as I remember my E55Ks were, but the published performance figures show the stock car is only a fraction slower off the line than the E, and (traction permitting) the extra 8% power and 12% torque from the remap should eliminate the difference. It lunges forward, bellowing, at full chat; it caters very well for the hooligan side...

Regarding the power a car puts out, the 0 to 60 times are quicker and amoungst the high performance engines so to speak. 1 second here and there. This what I don't get when people say I'll loose my license, it's the top end speed is where a license is likely to be lost. Doing say 100+ on a motor way. Not a drag race from a set of lights. Where I'll beat say a BMW M3 by a short margin to the next set of lights.

All cars above 170 bhp are plenty quick enough for every day driving in my opinion.

As for say the M157 it reads astonishing quick 0 to 60 figures but why do owners want to add to a stupid capable car already. In the real world it's not that quicker than a m156 w212 armour. But look that's where the debate can vear off to what an owner is happy with.

Our E320 s211 is a fabulous drive , that much so I want to get a similar vehicle for my family's venture's. I've more or less just let my dad have full use of the car now. I'm hoping to get something this side of Xmas. Basically I could lose my license just as easy in the e320 CDI than I could in a E63.....

I drive my e55k quite sedately in standard form they dont entice you to put foot down as much as you'd think.

The problem i find if you do use Kickdown you can get carried away and it there lol

No point having that supercharger Merc85.....

You need a big old plain Jane 7 seater 500 to haul about 😉🤣👍

No point having that supercharger Merc85.....

You need a big old plain Jane 7 seater 500 to haul about 😉🤣👍
I like torque , And the S/c gives plenty of it in gear acceleration, Not much point in having a 5 speed box i think 2 would be enough lol

I've had two; oh yes they do... You're not trying hard enough. :D

For anyone interested, the pre-facelift W212 price list is here:

The Designo paint, wood and leather isn’t quite as expensive as you might think.

My estate had a pretty good spec, and that was around £11k in options. It had Designo paint and the luxury pack interior, but not the wood or leather. But had a few bits this one didn’t.

The driving aids are nice.

Pano roof is a cost option on the saloon (standard on the estate)

I stand by my comments, there’s no way £38k of options on this car :)

£17240 by my reckoning thanks to your brochure, Will and having acquired the data card in an indirect manner :)

I wonder where they got the other £20k from? Hmm... :dk:

I wonder where they got the other £20k from? Hmm... :dk:
No idea. I don't think you could amass anywhere near £38k even with every option included.

I have the service history too.........🤔

No idea. I don't think you could amass anywhere near £38k even with every option included.
I’m pretty sure you’re correct.

Even with all the performance bits, carbon fibre stuff and suchlike it would never be £38k. I didn’t add it up, but you just know there’s nowhere going to be that amount of options.

I think the only way you’d get to that figure would be POA stuff from AMGs personalisation studio or something which is clearly not the case here.

I've explained it now on many occasions. But you don't let up. Give it a rest for f.c. sake.
You really don’t need to explain, any more than once, everyone understands that you really, really like the W212 and M156.

Nobody is knocking it. Sometimes people say they like a different car or engine, that doesn’t mean that they think yours is rubbish.

Enjoy your car, and use the inner peace that comes from owning your dream car to stop yourself reacting 👍🏻

You really don’t need to explain, any more than once, everyone understands that you really, really like the W212 and M156.

Nobody is knocking it. Sometimes people say they like a different car or engine, that doesn’t mean that they think yours is rubbish.

Enjoy your car, and use the inner peace that comes from owning your dream car to stop yourself reacting 👍🏻

Dream car 😂😂 that's the thing I couldn't give 500 f.c.s If they do think it's rubbish.

Was asked WHY I like it over a supercharged version. I give me reasoning, Or should I be an ignorant Bollox and not reply 😜😜

It's not the dream car though, your very well mistaken about that Mr!!!!

the first car was for sale with a guy I know who must have passed it on in the trade. The shutlines around the bonnet/headlamos made me think it had a bump at some stage.

the first car was for sale with a guy I know who must have passed it on in the trade. The shutlines around the bonnet/headlamos made me think it had a bump at some stage.
A Bump wouldn't put me off, But Jeez they could have re aligned it all instead of making it so obvious, Because tbh if it was such a wonderful example and been cared for by the original owner they would have sorted that out.

I know i would.

A Bump wouldn't put me off, But Jeez they could have re aligned it all instead of making it so obvious, Because tbh if it was such a wonderful example and been cared for by the original owner they would have sorted that out.

I know i would.
To be fair Gav, you would have sorted it, even if it didn't need sorting! 😂

To be fair Gav, you would have sorted it, even if it didn't need sorting! 😂
Lol, You sound like my Wife Abb pmsl

Attachments

• 1607190474275.png
    1607190474275.png
    1 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: Abb

Dream car 😂😂 that's the thing I couldn't give 500 f.c.s If they do think it's rubbish.

Was asked WHY I like it over a supercharged version. I give me reasoning, Or should I be an ignorant Bollox and not reply 😜😜

It's not the dream car though, your very well mistaken about that Mr!!!!

Don't waste your breath Rob. You offer an olive branch and get it thrown back at you.

Don't waste your breath Rob. You offer an olive branch and get it thrown back at you.

You ask me the question. I give you my answer.

You ask me about why I like the M156. I answered you with an honest review how I found the engine. You replied with I didn't like it I prefer forced induction. That's your beef. Thats your opinion. This thread is based on a m156 discussion. With the cars on offer.

We know your opinion of the 156 in a w212 shell. But you couldn't be more wrong in my opinion. I give the stats the car produced with the E60/61 M5 comparison it was identical in handling aspects. That tells me the 6.2 is very capable car in the w212. You don't see it that way.

I'm not sure what you want me to reply with, in all fairness. We are going constantly round in circles with this.

You sang the praises of your forced induction E55 Tom.
What has changed? Genuine question.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Utter joy!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom