w211 e63 best one for sale humm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lol, You sound like my Wife Abb pmsl

As long as she doesn't look like me too, there is no cause for concern! 😂

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Utter joy!!!!

Nobody is arguing with you. Just leave it, eh?

Nobody is arguing with you. Just leave it, eh?

I'm not arguing with nobody either. Just have a different opinion. Which I have stated. Mine is of the same opinion as the chap in video. Like you like the 500!!! eh?

I'm glad we agree. Since we agree to agree, let's leave it (and this thread) at that.

I don't disagree with that. The M156 makes for great debate 🥳

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mighty M156 in the W212 👍

I do that love the phrases, "Best one for sale" "Best example out there" Cleanest one ever etc etc

What with bonnet lines all over the place rusty brakes from cleaning it and letting it sit and not doing the slam panel/engine bay ? :rolleyes:

Wasn't this one for sale at auction a while back?
I also love the phrase, “Motorway Miles’. Means nothing!

Apologies in advance for the hijack of this thread. Managed to find this beauty, a 2015 reg with only 16k miles on the clock and 1 previous owner. Well that was 1 month ago and 3k miles ago 🥲 extrapolating that will mean it will have 52k miles my April 2022 unless I calm down and stop finding any excuse to drive it 😉
it is my 4th AMG and it replaces a e63 6.2l.
Happy days.

Screenshot_20210508-193707_OneDrive.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210508-193612_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210508-193612_OneDrive.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 9
Apologies in advance for the hijack of this thread. Managed to find this beauty, a 2015 reg with only 16k miles on the clock and 1 previous owner. Well that was 1 month ago and 3k miles ago 🥲 extrapolating that will mean it will have 52k miles my April 2022 unless I calm down and stop finding any excuse to drive it 😉
Happy days.

View attachment 112781

Very nice. Congrats.!

Interested to hear your comparison between the n/a and Biturbo seeing you have owned both.

Happy days.

View attachment 112781

Did it replace the W211 Or W212 chassis E63 6.2?

Same engine in both of them isn’t it?

That's why I have asked which chassis!

Very very different capabilities with both chassis, I have experienced this myself. Just curious as to what the above poster came from w211 or w212.

Last edited:
The e63 was a w211. Essentially my weekend car. So comfortable and lovely. Heated, cooled, massaging dynamic seats and wonderful air suspension. At around 14 years old, the sensors etc start to need replacing and the garage time gets annoying. the 6.2l is a masterpiece in terms of responsiveness and precision. If I wanted to drive purely for sound, the 6.2l would be my preference. For my 0-60 drags, this car gave me 4.3 to 4.5 seconds every time without launch control. The only thing it lacks is that bit of drama that the TT engines conjure up where you sometimes feel the AMG engineers are trying to kill you. The value for money option is to go for w212 6.2l version. I am pretty sure that this combination is as close to perfect as you can get. It pairs the incredible chassis of the w212 to that masterpiece of an engine. I always thought, what would you get if you married an amg engine with M5 handling and I reckon the w212 6.2l may be that car.

That being said, I'm one who believes that it isn't a reduction if it involves forced induction... the 5.5l is , what, only 10%down on displacement but has two turbos. It is down quite a lot on red line, at only around 6.4k which I scoffed at initially. However , it is hardly possible to floor the gas pedal on this car and it pulls like nothing else. My best drag time so far is 5.5 secs to 60 because it just wheel spins like crazy. Love it.

My personal preference is the 5.5l just because it demands utmost respect and in return gives you mountains of torque and endless entertainment until you realise the tyre tread got left behind. If I was a track car driver the 6.2l is more precise and allows easier acceleration , but for every day thrills, the 5.5l is a law unto itself. I've also owned a 500hp 4.0l AMG which is a mighty impressive engine too but in terms of sheer brutality, the 5.5l is the one. The newer AMGs ESP is a bit more sophisticated and they are more slidey than the w212 but once you stick the w212 in sport handling, it is almost as good 👍 I'm all about slides per gallon ...

Only eleven years ago, before the M157 came along. Yawn...

M156 and perfection.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom