w211 e63 best one for sale humm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice enough car and quite a unique spec etc but where on earth are they getting £38k of extras from?

I can’t be bothered to try and add it all up but perhaps £15-20k at a push depending on the cost of the leather and the wood, but certainly closer to that than £38k of extras!

Neither of those cars are clean enough for the mileage etc though, even the W212 needs a proper valet, wheel refurb, exhausts looks filthy etc - not a patch on your ‘55 Gav :cool:
Thankyou for kind words Will, She is a Peach, i just enjoy window shopping, You know what its like when you don't drive them enough or for a while so i get the itch,

Then i go for a drive and and im won over again. :rock:

Yes it’s a well specced car for sure, but I don’t think those options would have cost £38k.

My guess is about half that. The Oasis report would be the easiest way to do it but you can work it out from the price list otherwise.

It really hasn’t got everything - eg ceramic brakes or carbon fibre stuff.

When I say it’s not clean enough, I mean considering the sort of car it is I’d have put a little more effort into preparation - ie a thorough detail and wheel refurb in the correct finish etc. Being picky but the grubby centre console, rusty wheel bolts and the exhaust tips don’t show it in it’s best light IMHO :)

View attachment 105520View attachment 105521View attachment 105522View attachment 105523View attachment 105524
I see what you are getting at Will, I didn't zoom in on the photos to be honest.

Still a special car all the same. A lot of car for the money imho.

Another thing I don't think the colour on them wheels do them justice.

For anyone interested, the pre-facelift W212 price list is here:

The Designo paint, wood and leather isn’t quite as expensive as you might think.

My estate had a pretty good spec, and that was around £11k in options. It had Designo paint and the luxury pack interior, but not the wood or leather. But had a few bits this one didn’t.

The driving aids are nice.

Pano roof is a cost option on the saloon (standard on the estate)

I stand by my comments, there’s no way £38k of options on this car :)

I spotted that a couple of days ago. I really like it!

I like most light interiors, but for my taste that colour combination is gopping...

"Bought by a German billionaire who thought it was LHD" Yeah, right...

I really like that first one but the price is too high even though it's low mileage.

It has been for sale for a long time now hasn't it? First time the pic's were taken outside and the gap on the headlamps looked even worse before.
Wasn't this car up for £14999 also? Price has gone up but then again, now it looks shiny in the new pic's and as time goes it keeps going up in value 😆. It's a future classic and who knows what the price will be if it doesn't sell until next year, maybe £25K 😁

I do like that white one too but my fav W211 to own would be an E55AMG, it's a shame Minty68 doesn't put me out of my misery telling me he don't want to sell his car as i keep asking him 😭

I still do, is a amazing out the box unit.

Personally I just like the jekel and Hyde carracter the 6.2 gives. So like 500 just pottering about but at the switch of a button it's a hooligan. Thats the best way I can describe it. Plus I've done the Induction route with as you say the 55k. I didn't mod mine it was totally standard. The power my 555k put down and my present 63 6.2 does is plentiful for me. I'm not a track enthusiastic guy I just like off the shelf plug and play. The 6.2 does that in Abundance. I think If I had got the w211 63 before the 55k I may still have it I don't know.
N/A power of delivery has to be experienced I think also. I think that answers your question Roger.😉

I genuinely really like my 63 w212. My only slight negative is that the ride is just a small bit less cushioned to that of the 55k.i think the 63 w211 would be perfect. But I think you would lose the agilibity of the w212 chassis which is like night and day compared to the w211.

P.S did I mention the noise it makes also. 😉👍

Thanks for your detailed reply Tom. I know you think I'm anti M156, and hate the engine, but you couldn't be more wrong.
I have bolded the bit above in your quote as maybe you didn't realise I did try out a 6.2n/a in a W212, but had my heart set on a facelift and I wanted to see if the 6.2 would change my mind.
My drive in the 6.2, in comparison to the 5.5TT, I found underwhelming.
I like the instant torque of the TT, and found you have to be on the throttle all the time to enjoy a spirited drive in a 6.2.
That is why I believe the engine is more suited to the C63. A point and shoot raucous, loud , fun small saloon. In a C63 I think its great. In the E63 I tried out, I didn't enjoy it.

So, don't take offence to the above. It's an honest summary of how I came to my choice and if you prefer the E63 with a 6.2 then great. You are happy and I am happy with my choice.

Now I just want to try out the W213 with the 4lt TT and see if its better than the car I have. I suspect the engine is, but not the whole package if comments from two previous owners are anything to go by.

Thanks for your detailed reply Tom. I know you think I'm anti M156, and hate the engine, but you couldn't be more wrong.
I have bolded the bit above in your quote as maybe you didn't realise I did try out a 6.2n/a in a W212, but had my heart set on a facelift and I wanted to see if the 6.2 would change my mind.
My drive in the 6.2, in comparison to the 5.5TT, I found underwhelming.
I like the instant torque of the TT, and found you have to be on the throttle all the time to enjoy a spirited drive in a 6.2.
That is why I believe the engine is more suited to the C63. A point and shoot raucous, loud , fun small saloon. In a C63 I think its great. In the E63 I tried out, I didn't enjoy it.

So, don't take offence to the above. It's an honest summary of how I came to my choice and if you prefer the E63 with a 6.2 then great. You are happy and I am happy with my choice.

Now I just want to try out the W213 with the 4lt TT and see if its better than the car I have. I suspect the engine is, but not the whole package if comments from two previous owners are anything to go by.

That's your opinion on the 6.2 w212. When the car was first launched there was a handling comparison test against the mighty handling unit of the V10 E60/61 Bmw M5 chassis. The 6.2 w212 was near on identical in performance handling slalom test. The handling in the w212 is amazing for such a big car. For me personally I really like the handling qualities it offers. Plus the having to be at it is good fun when the conditions allow. That's why it's the jekel and Hyde carracter for me. A test drive doesn't for me always tell the full story of a cars partinual. Especially a high performance type car. The power is always there on the m156. Once you get it past 5k that's when it comes into its own. It's quite amazing how much this engine can rev.

Hey guys , I only posted a Advert for a car lol 🤣

Hey guys , I only posted a Advert for a car lol 🤣
You know how threads go Gav.
It's hard communicating with Tom when he only wants to talk about his car and not accept there are other sometimes better options.

^ Reading your reply above makes me wonder whether you even read my post judging by the way you have dismissed it.

Oh well. I tried.
I’ll give you your dues, your post couldn’t have been more conciliatory in tone, but that’s just the way it goes, eh pal?

^ Reading your reply above makes me wonder whether you even read my post judging by the way you have dismissed it.

Oh well. I tried.

Dismissed it, I've stated facts on the w212 chassis from a time when the the E60/61 M5 chassis was regarded and still is regarded as one of the best road cars for handling in the business. I was just stating a fact. They were near on identical handling/ performance. Whicj is where I disagree with you regarding the 6.2 suited to the w212 chassis. Argue with the experts not me!!!

Just because I don't agree with you. You throw your toys out the pram.

You ask me the question. I didn't you. I can confere with most on here. But you come across as a wind up merchant and I can't be asked with your stupid games.

I couldn't give 500 monkeys if you like or don't like the the 6.2 on the w212.

It's a capable car and it's a fun car to drive. I can't comment on the m157. And I'm not to botherd. But you seem very adement on wondering why I like the 156. I've explained it now on many occasions. But you don't let up. Give it a rest for f.c. sake.

Last edited:
Dismissed it, I've stated facts on the w212 chassis from a time when the the E60/61 M5 chassis was regarded and still is regarded as one of the best road cars for handling in the business. I was just stating a fact. They were near on identical handling/ performance. Whicj is where I disagree with you regarding the 6.2 suited to the w212 chassis. Argue with the experts not me!!!

Just because I don't agree with you. You throw your toys out the pram.

You ask me the question. I didn't you. I can confere with most on here. But you come across as a wind up merchant and I can't be asked with your stupid games.

I couldn't give 500 monkeys if you like or don't like the the 6.2 on the w212.

It's a capable car and it's a fun car to drive. I can't comment on the m157. And I'm not to botherd. But you seem very adement on wondering why I like the 156. I've explained it now on many occasions. But you don't let up. Give it a rest a rest Roger for f.c. sake.
:wallbash:

Do you not have an opinion or are you and your chum Roger m157 love birds 😂😂😂
No point even replying to a comment like that...!

You know how threads go Gav.
It's hard communicating with Tom when he only wants to talk about his car and not accept there are other sometimes better options.

"Sometimes better" in what way?

Slightly faster, doesn't mean better!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom