W211 E63 valve body question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark_le_b

Car
2006 W211 E63 AMG
I have been noticing some odd things with transmission of late
Not all that smooth through the gears, but worst is the down changes. 5th to 4th is rough and when coasting to a stop, 2nd down to first (in S mode) is downright harsh! Sometimes a real thump.
Dreaded internet searching seems to point to faulty valve body
Does that sound possible?

thank you

Well it can be the electro plate,has your car had a ATF change in it's service history,if you do not know or it has not had one,then you have a decision to make,go for a ATF change and filter change and it might cure your problem,if it does not then the electro plate will have to come out and be tested and maybe repaired,if that happens then you wasted your money on the ATF change as no garage will reuse ATF.

Well it can be the electro plate,has your car had a ATF change in it's service history,if you do not know or it has not had one,then you have a decision to make,go for a ATF change and filter change and it might cure your problem,if it does not then the electro plate will have to come out and be tested and maybe repaired,if that happens then you wasted your money on the ATF change as no garage will reuse ATF.

Yes it's been done (in my ownership) maybe 1500 miles ago

I'll take it to my indie garage for them to test

Thanks

Well a lot of the time there will be no fault code to read,one of the most common problems is when the car will not change up,owners stop switch off for a couple of minutes and then they can continue,most times there is no code logged,what I want to know is how you use 5th gear in Jersey.

Well a lot of the time there will be no fault code to read,one of the most common problems is when the car will not change up,owners stop switch off for a couple of minutes and then they can continue,most times there is no code logged,what I want to know is how you use 5th gear in Jersey.

Changing up doesn't seem to be the issue - it's nasty down changes that are really worrying me (not all of the time, only now and again)

Believe it or not it, its goes all the way up to 6th at a little over 40mph, so maybe the car has adapted to Jersey driving!

W211's suffer the same problem with the 722.6** transmission

I stripped the valve body out on mine, harsh changes wen cold. I changed the Tcc solenoid and now it’s like a brand new gear box.

I stripped the valve body out on mine, harsh changes wen cold. I changed the Tcc solenoid and now it’s like a brand new gear box.

Thanks - I'll mention that to the garage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom