w211 eclass wing mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
hi guys need some help, my wing mirror indicator is broke and i need to replace it, does anyone know how to remove and replace? do i need to take whole mirror off or remove glass etc thanks in advance

I think the glass needs to come out as the indicator is held by 2 screws anyone know how to remove glass from mirror?

No, you don't need to remove the glass.

Fold the mirror flat, place a small flat blade screwdriver in the small hole you'll see - the mirror shell is held on by a metal spring clip. Prise the clip open and the mirror shell slips off.

From there, unclip the indicator connector (might be in the door trim upper panel cover below the door tweeter, been a while since I did one!) remove the screws and replace with new.

The first time you do it, it'll either take you 10 seconds or two hours. Once you've done it once and understand how it works, it gets easier!

I think he owns a facelift W211 so the wing mirror will be different.

For a facelift car like yours, the first step is to take the glass off. Use the controls to tip the mirror "in" such that you can get a screwdriver behind the glass. Have a look behind: it's held in with a few tabs. Be very careful removing it, though, as there are wires for the heating and auto-dimming.

Once the glass is off, the rest is self-evident. You'll need a small Torx set.

More steps here: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/111264-w211-door-mirror-led-indicators.html

Last edited:
Thanks guys yes I own a w211 facelift so thanks for bith replies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom