W211 ECU live mapping equipment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swift1092

Car
E55 amg
Any help guys. If i was to have a live map done on my w211 e55, what mapping softwere, or programing tool is there which will alow this? Is it a piggyback ecu or plug in softwere which makes it possible for a tuner to map my car while its on the rollers? Tha ks in advance

Any help guys. If i was to have a live map done on my w211 e55, what mapping softwere, or programing tool is there which will alow this? Is it a piggyback ecu or plug in softwere which makes it possible for a tuner to map my car while its on the rollers? Tha ks in advance

Have all my cars mapped live but do it on the road not the rollers or it wont be what you are expecting. You can do the basics on a static map and then refine on the road dynamically :thumb:

I use a kess2 to read my maps, a genuine one too!
Then use a experience master to map the ecu, I use different people to map different brands, using there experience of that brand,

There is no such thing as Live mapping on OEM ecus. Unless of course you have some development ecus ;)

Only standalone ecus can be mapped LIVE. Ie you make a change while the engine is running....

So kess2 enables me to map the car as i drive? Its just my tuner has asked me to provide all leads and softare to do so

There is no such thing as Live mapping on OEM ecus. Unless of course you have some development ecus ;)

Only standalone ecus can be mapped LIVE. Ie you make a change while the engine is running....

What he said.

A kess v2 will alow you to read the map off the ecu with the ignition on and engine off, the master or who ever you use to tune the map can then map the file and then you can use the kess v2 to put the modified map onto your car, then using star machine you can Road test and check actual values if you which

May I ask why you just don't get it remapped by a tuner? The kess v2 will cost 2500 for a genuine one, then the map on top

Its just all my previous cars, sierra cosworth 500hp, nissan skyline 700hp have always been mapped live and have always been under the impression this is the safest way to mapp a car as the tune is spacific to your engine, ironing out any flutters or power curve imperfections, and a base map is a generic fuel and air increase! Which does not provide a failsafe against leaning out spots on the power curve, Guess this type of tuning dosent happen on these cars, just thought id ask the question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom