W211 electrical issues fixed under warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ckember

Car
GLC 350d AMG Premium plus
My w211 had it first service last week at 16k miles. I alsomentioned the following issues that had come up in the last few weeks.

As most of the issues where electrically related I put the thread here.

1) birds eye view on command with rev8 disc missing
2) rain sensor not working properly
3) auto lights comming on when no need
4) easy pack not moving rear cover when tailgate opened
5) OSF partronic warning when wet
6) poor mpg(I know not an electrical problem but see fix below)

The dealer dealt with the problems as below

1) rev 8 of the dvd for w211 command DOES NOT have birds eye and probably will not version 10 may have some new features but he was not sure

2) reflashed firmware and checked for faults now working OK
3) same as above.
4) replaced motor and a new module in the tailgate(recall for this apparently, been lots of problems with easy pack)
5) check for faults none found, problem still there yesterday and today
6) poor mpg, a new firmware version for the ecu has been released and should fix this problem. the car certainly feels quicker and the dead spot around 1800 rpm seems to have gone. will keep you postedon the mpg when done a few more miles.

whilst the car was in I had a 57 plate C200 CDI estate loan car,with the 5 speed auto. I was very disapointed with the mpg, on a run to cardiff and back only got 36mpg. I thought it should have been higher. never over 80pmh on the motorway.

The dealer is right about the bird's eye view, it does come with new cars that have NTG2.5 Comand but at least so far not available through SW updates (Comand and/or navi processor) for the previous HW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom